First Skirmish

One Week Later

Cyrus had time off from his training. As such he decided to go to a nearby restaurant to get something nice to eat. He was given a table and ordered his drink. Once he had gotten his drink, he ordered his dish. As he waited he found his vision being drawn to the entrance just as someone walked in. His eyes widened as he saw that it was the girl from Argus, Crystal Lockharte.

Cyrus in head: Wait, that's Crystal. What is she doing here, doesn't she live in Argus?

At this moment, Crystal seemed to notice Cyrus and smiled a bit before approaching him.

Cyrus in head: Oh god, she's coming this way! What should I do? Okay, Cyrus, just act natural!

Crystal: Is that who I think it is?

Cyrus: UUUUUUUUUUUHHH!!!

Crystal: Cyrus, wasn't it?

Cyrus in head: SHE REMEMBERED MY NAME!

Cyrus: Y- Yes!

Crystal: Wow, funny seeing you here! How have you been?

Crystal sat down on the chair opposite to his and looked at him with eyes that radiated high spirits.

Cyrus: Oh, y- you know... usual... Jedi stuff...

Crystal: Ah, yeah. I should have assumed that.

Cyrus was internally panicking, he had no idea what to do in this situation. In case it wasn't apparent, he was not the best at interpersonal interaction. 

 Cyrus: W- Well, while you're here, d- do you want something to eat? I- I can get you something.

Crystal: Oh, that's fine. I'm not hungry.

Cyrus was so flustered that he didn't even think about how suspicious it was that she walked into the restaurant without being hungry.

Cyrus: Oh- I guess we can just talk for a minute then.

Crystal smiled.

Crystal: Okay!

Crystal in head: God dammit, you moron. You're lucky you're cute.

Meanwhile Elsewhere in Vale

Kallus: I believe it is time to test Cyrus' progress for the first time.

Jaune: Take our future recruit for a test drive?

Kallus: Precisely.

Viktoria: So who's going out there then? You?

Kallus: Oh, heavens no. If I were to exert my power, I would level the city. I'll be sending one of you.

He pointed to Aika.

Kallus: Aika. You're up.

Aika: Alright! I won't let you down Master Kallus!

Meanwhile in the Restaurant

Crystal: So you really can't tell me anything about what you did in that rusty old church?

Cyrus: I don't think so. Grandmaster (L/N) wants to keep recent events confidential until the Silver Hand has been dealt with.

Crystal gasped.

Crystal: You've actually met the grandmaster?

Cyrus: Yeah, many times actually. He trained my master.

Crystal: Oh, Yang Xiao Long?

Cyrus laughed for a moment.

Cyrus: No, no, no. I was just on a mission with Master Xiao Long, she isn't my master. My master is Weiss Schnee.