Attempting An Awakening

An elevator began to descend underneath the very foundations of the Jedi Temple. Within that elevator were Cyrus, Weiss, and Grandmaster (L/N). They all stood there in an awkward silence, the only sounds coming from the elevator itself. In this monotonous silence, Cyrus thought to himself about the massive changes that had occurred over the past couple of days. It wasn't any longer than a week ago when he was simply another Jedi-in-training. Now, he had been given the bombshell revelation that he was a Demon Mage this whole time. He was unsure if he would ever be able to take these responsibilities, or if what he would do if he could after all. The more he thought about it, the more worried he became for the future ahead of him. Before he could be lost in his thoughts, however, he heard the elevator ding and the doors slowly opened. The room that they had entered was massive. They found themselves on one end of a massive arena-like battleground. Cyrus was in awe at the sheer size of the place. It had to be at least comparable in size to the temple itself.

Cyrus: Wow...

His voice echoed a few times.

(Y/N): This is where your training will begin.

Cyrus: Training?

(Y/N): We need to teach you how to gain some kind of control over the Eyes of Famine.

Cyrus: So how do we do that?

The Grandmaster chuckled.

(Y/N): That's exactly what we're here to figure out.

Cyrus' jaw dropped.

Cyrus: Hold on, so you're training me to use a power that you know nothing about?

(Y/N): Not to say that I know nothing, however if any Jedi were to be up to this task, it would be Weiss and I.

Cyrus: Master Schnee, this is ridiculous isn't it?

Weiss: Yes, it's absurd, but we don't have many options at the moment. We've found ourselves right in the crosshairs of an international crisis. We think that you might give us a better shot at beating the Silver Hand and the Demon Mages.

Cyrus: But how do we even know where to start?

(Y/N): We put you on the brink of defeat.

Cyrus: What? 

 (Y/N): You first unlocked your powers when your life was threatened. If I were to guess, the best way to cause an initial activation is to achieve similar situations of extreme stress.

Cyrus: So how do we do that?

(Y/N): We have you face off against an opponent far superior to yourself.

Cyrus got a bit more nervous.

Cyrus: B- But who would my opponent be, sir?

(Y/N) smirked.

(Y/N): Who better for the job than myself.

Cyrus' heart dropped into his stomach as he began to break into a nervous sweat.

Cyrus: What? G- Grandmaster (L/N), I appreciate the helpful offer, b- but I don't think that's necessary! I- I mean, why not have me face off against Master Schnee? S- She's been training me for years, surely she's th- the best option here!

Weiss: Actually, I agree with Grandmaster (L/N). If we are to test our theory, then he seems to be the most efficient option.

Cyrus' speech began to get even more stammered as he couldn't even manage to string together a full sentence.

(Y/N): Master Schnee will be close by to moderate the battle. You stay here and I will go onto the other end of the arena so we may begin.

Cyrus bewildered: Y- Yes, sir...