The Order's Burden

An aircraft arrived at the landing pad atop the Jedi Temple. Once it had fully landed, the side door opened, allowing (Y/N) and Sariel to exit the vehicle. From there they walked down the stairwell into the building itself. They made their way through the winding halls of the upper temple and eventually found themselves in the council chambers. In that chamber, the majority of the high council was already there.

Ren: Grandmaster (L/N), Master Astra. You've made it.

They both bowed and took their seats.

Weiss: What have you gathered from your questioning of Volga?

(Y/N): Questioning Volga proved to be very worthwhile. Valeris' true name is Shigeru Oka, he was a former member of Valeris' cult who was adopted by Volga himself at a very young age. Oka proves to be both intelligent and proficient in combat.

Blake: Any kind of semblance that could pose a danger.

(Y/N): Not that I'm aware of. The greatest danger he seems to pose is with his mind. He is a master of manipulation and mental sabotage. He has no doubt placed a multitude of contingency plans in place. We need to tread carefully.

Weiss: So what do you think he's doing?

(Y/N): My guess is a plan to get us to attack the Silver Hand head on. It's possible that he wants us to waltz right into a trap that would end in us being blamed for a serious tragedy that would occur in a hypothetical battle.

Ruby: Surely he can't be thinking THAT far ahead right?

Suddenly, one of the doors to the council chamber opened.

???: Oh, he most certainly is.

After the voice uttered those words, they heard the sound of wheels turning towards them. Into the council chamber, on a wheelchair, wheeled in the source of the voice. It was Vega Lyu'lar, the second in command of the Jedi Temple Guards.

Yang: Vega?

Vega: You can take it from me. I was there at Shade when the bombing happened. That wasn't spontaneous, those assholes waited until everyone was exactly where they wanted them. Or, more specifically, they waited until Yand and I were exactly where they wanted us. Now, we have ample evidence to conclude that the Shade Academy bombing was a deliberate attempt to assassinate Yang and I.

(Y/N): So what you're saying is that they have been concocting this plan for at least two years?

Vega: I'm saying that they've been executing their plan for two years now. Who knows how long it was being developed. We need to be careful! Really fucking careful!

(Y/N) took a deep breath.

(Y/N) it appears that is the only option we have at the moment.

Vega then nodded and turned his wheelchair around.

Vega: I'll be taking my leave now, Grandmaster. I have paperwork I need to get caught up with.

He then turned his head to Yang.

Vega: See you later, hun.

Yang smiled at Vega as he wheeled out of the room.

Ren: Now then... other matters bear mentioning as well...

(Y/N): Yes... what is the status of the Maiden observations.

Ren: The Summer and Winter Maidens have sent in their yearly reports on schedule. Spring is still uncooperative.

Yang: Of course she is.

Ren: And Fall is still missing.

(Y/N) sighed.