The Monster

Cyrus burst through one of the temple's many entrances. He immediately noticed that the corridor leading to the main hall was darkened. This meant that the main hall's lights had been turned off. He knew that this couldn't be good, and hastened his pace. As he ran down this corridor, he could hear the sounds of shouting and blaster fire in the main hall. Just before he burst into the main hall, he realized that he still didn't have his lightsaber.

Cyrus in head: Dammit, I'm gonna have to go through all of that to get to my room. Maybe I can sneak my way around the commotion.

At that moment, he burst into the main hall. What he saw in there truly was a spectacle. He saw a troop of mercenaries being held off by a single man. In fact, this man was Blakblaz Ashfield, leader of the Temple Guards. The double-bladed lightsaber was moving so fast that it appeared as a yellow blur surrounding Blakblaz. As he spun the lightsaber in all directions, every single blaster bolt from every direction was deflected and hit nearby walls and pillars. Cyrus saw his opportunity and began to sneak towards the grand staircase. He made sure to stick to the shadows so nobody would see him. He had almost made it to said staircase, but he felt someone grab onto him. He tried to wriggle free, but he could eventually feel the cold metal of a blaster barrel being held up to his head.

Mercenary: Where are you off to kid?

The Mercenary pushed Cyrus against a pillar, using one of his hands to hold the blaster, and his other hand to hold Cyrus up to the pillar.

Mercenary: Maybe if I spill your blood, I'll get a bonus.

Those words echoed in Cyrus' head. Despite the fact that he could use the force to escape this, he couldn't control his own body. His body felt paralyzed and his mind felt scrambled.

Mercenary: I can see you struggling. Funny, you have no idea. Just one of the perks of having a flashy semblance. Guess there isn't any risk in telling you, since you're already dead.

Cyrus in head: Why the hell can't I move? I need to get a damn grip! I don't want to die! So why am I just standing here asking for death? No! No way!

Suddenly, Cyrus began to be surrounded by a blue aura and he suddenly began to get a little more control over himself.

Cyrus: I- I'm n-not going t-to die!

Mercenary: What the hell?

Cyrus: NOT TO THE LIKES OF YOU!

His blue aura exploded outward in a shockwave of energy. The mercenary was sent flying into a nearby wall, and Cyrus was given full control over his body again. However, something was off. He could see everything clearly, in spite of the darkness. And just like back in Argus, everything had a slight blue hue to it.

Cyrus: What's this now?

The Mercenary was now terrified. Meanwhile, the other Mercs and Blakblaz had taken notice of the commotion caused by Cyrus.

Blakblaz: Is that... young Cyrus?

Cyrus then turned to the Mercenary who had threatened his life. The mercenary was floored with fear when he saw Cyrus' eyes. They had changed to a glowing blue. Instead of pupils, there was a strange symbol in the middle.

 Instead of pupils, there was a strange symbol in the middle

Cyrus: Everything feels so... light? Wait, no, it's not that everything got lighter, it's that I've got a lot stronger! This is great! Now, where was I? Oh yeah!

Cyrus, then picked up the merc by the collar of his shirt, holding this grown man in the air with a single hand.

Cyrus: What was that you said about me being already dead?

Lead Merc: Don't just stand there, shoot him!

The other mercenaries opened fire on Cyrus. Faster than should be humanly possible, Cyrus whipped around towards them, using the merc he was holding as a shield. After a few seconds, Cyrus threw the now dead body at the mercs, knocking a few of them over.

Cyrus: Now this is a rush!

Blakblaz: Young Cyrus, what are you doing?

Cyrus: I'M HAVING A LITTLE FUN!

Cyrus then began laughing like a madman as he leapt through the air towards the other mercenaries. Once he got close to one of the mercs, he would unleash a series of hits to their body, which would send them flying, then he would move onto the next. Once he got to the lead merc, he was surprised that he was able to dodge some of the blows.

Lead Merc: Just what the hell are y-

Before the man could even finish his statement, Cyrus picked him up by the throat and held him up, slowly choking him. Cyrus cackled again as a blue aura began surrounding the merc as well. Just as soon as the aura appeared, it began being absorbed into Cyrus' aura.

Cyrus: You idiot! Didn't you hear the guard? I'm good ol' Cyrus!

With that, Cyrus snapped the merc's neck like a twig, and dropped the now lifeless corpse to the ground.

Blakblaz in head: This is insanity! I need to get backup now! This isn't Cyrus. This is... a monster!

Cyrus began to look up towards the ceiling and once again let out his maniacal laughter. As this scene happens, the screen freezes on it and text appears on screen.

Cyrus Valen - Wielder of the Eyes of Famine

Author's Note - Yeah, this chapter was a bit darker than my typical writing, but you all should be getting ready for this in upcoming chapters. This story is going to be a lot darker than RJO in terms of themes and events. Just a fair warning. Anyways, a lot of important plot stuff happened in this chapter, so I hope you like the direction it's going. Also, out of curiosity, what are you predictions as to where this story is going to go? Let me know in the comments, I'll be sure to check your theories out. Anyways, until next time, stay cool!