The Pieces Make Their Moves

A TV began to present a news broadcast.

Newscaster: Further news regarding the current international crisis. The Atlas Council has officially declared a state of emergency as riots in both Atlas and Mantle have gained even more intensity. The rioters, claiming to be supporters of the Silver Hand, have begun seizing police equipment and using it against local military garrisons. Supporters of the so-called Fifth Kingdom have taken to every major metropolitan zone in order to make demonstrations. Some of these demonstrations, such as the current protests in Vacuo, have so far remained non-violent. On the other hand, certain districts in Vale and Atlas have become warzones, with police and rioters clashing violently in the streets. Citizens currently residing in or around these areas are advised to stay indoors and avoid altercation with these rioters.

(Y/N): Turn that damn thing off.

The TV promptly switched off. The camera then panned to show the people in the room. These people were Cyrus, Weiss, (Y/N), and Sariel. (Y/N) let out a frustrated sigh.

(Y/N): All of this time spent digging for puzzle pieces and we still aren't anywhere closer to figuring out what the hell the Silver Hand wants from us.

Sariel: It's pretty obvious that they want us dead.

(Y/N): Yeah, I know. But why?

Weiss: From what we've seen of them so far, they don't look like they have a common reason to hate the Jedi Order. They're only united by that mutual hatred.

(Y/N): That doesn't get us much further, but it's a start.

Weiss: Take, for instance, the lead mercenary in charge of yesterday's raid. Background check confirms who he was and the likely reason that he sided with the Silver Hand.

Sariel: The reason being?

Weiss: His name was Xander Mahogany. Formerly a sergeant of the Atlas Military. The tail end of his service put him smack dab in the middle of the Battle of Mantle.

Sariel: So he was fighting against us.

Weiss: Exactly. We can't confirm anything more than that because of... you know... but it does give us a good idea of what kind of people the Silver Hand are recruiting.

(Y/N): People who have a bone to pick with us.

Cyrus: But what about their leader? Valeris, was it? What did you guys do to make him hate you?

(Y/N): Don't know. I don't recognize him from anywhere.

Weiss: Maybe he was another Atlas Veteran?

Sariel: Possibly, but I doubt it. He didn't seem like much of the fighting type.

They sat in silence for a moment longer before (Y/N) stood up from his seat and gestured to the people beside him.

(Y/N): Weiss, Cyrus. With me.

Weiss: Of course.

The two of them followed the grandmaster out of the room.

Sariel: What do you want me to do?

(Y/N) turned back to her for a moment.

(Y/N): You've always been able to figure things out in the moment. Try and formulate a theory as to why these idiots are out for blood.

Sariel nodded and faced forward in her seat. It was at this moment that the other three exited the room and shut the door behind them. 

Meanwhile at another part of Vale

Darth Crishius could be seen talking to someone on a scroll.

Crishius: Of course. I am already in Vale. The mission will be underway immediately. I will call you again when there is a development.

As she listened to the response, she observed the skyline outside the window.

Crishius: Yes. Until then, master.

She hung up the scroll and made her way into the other room. In this room there was her cloak and lightsaber. She donned the cloak and clipped the lightsaber to her hip and began to make her way to the roof.

Crishius in head: Lord Saeris' mission is simple. I can complete this easily in minimal time. I scarcely believe that the Silver Hand will be able to stop me. However, some things still interest me. In particular, that boy. Cyrus, I think his name was. Something about him interests me. I'll be sure to keep my eye on him should our paths cross again.

Meanwhile at an unknown location

Kallus Gahl gathered the other Demon Mages together and spoke to them.

Kallus: Listen up. I believe it's time that we move on to the next stage of our plan.

Viktoria: That stage being?

Kallus: Isn't it obvious? We prepare to bring Cyrus into the fold.

Jaune: From what Aika told us, he has a long way to go.

Kallus: We all started with nothing. He is no different. The appropriate steps will be taken here just as they were with Aika, and just as they were with you.

Jaune: That goes without saying, but it is worth noting that this will be the first time that one of our own also has Force Sensitivity.

Kallus: Yes, it is an anomaly. That much is obvious.

Aika: This is gonna be great! We're gonna be a team of five again!

Jaune: What do you mean? Since you've been here, it's only been four because we lost Famine.

Kallus: It was a team of four when you joined us as well, Jaune. Only back then, we didn't have Avarice.

Jaune slumped in his seat and grumbled to himself.

Viktoria: Though, having all Demon Mages on deck will be a nice change of pace. Say, Master Kallus, how good do you think this child will be as the next Eyes of Famine user?

Kallus: I reckon he has a great deal of potential. He is Alex's son after all.