The Jedi High Council

In a dark room, a man could be seen walking towards a desk. A lamp on the desk provided the room's only light. The man stood above the desk sifting through papers. As he did this, he was completely oblivious to the figure approaching him from the shadows. At this moment, the man seemed to find what he was looking for and smirked as a result.

Man: Perfect.

As he said this, the figure behind him silently got closer and closer. By the time he realized he was not alone, it was too late. He swiftly turned around and was met with a lightsaber blade through the torso. He looked down and saw its red coloration.

Man: Wh- Who are you?

The figure didn't respond. She simply removed their lightsaber from the man's torso. She left the man to lie limp on the floor and approached the desk. She picked up the paper on the top of the pile and examined it. 

Figure: So this is their plan of attack... How stupid are they?

The girl pulled a holo-disk out of her cloak and turned it on. A hologram of another cloaked figure appeared on the disk. This figure spoke in a much deeper male voice.

Male Figure: The mission?

Figure: I've figured out their plan. All of the witnesses have been killed.

Male: Tell me what the plan is, Darth Crishius.

Crishius: Of course my lord... The Valerins are planning on assassinating the Jedi Council... one by one.

Meanwhile at the Jedi Temple

The large door stood ahead of Cyrus and Weiss. This was the door to the Council Chamber. Cyrus had not been in this chamber for many years, and never during a convening of the High Council. Being present during a convening of the council was considered one of the highest honors a lower ranking Jedi could experience. Now, it was time for Cyrus to experience it himself.

Weiss: Come now, Cyrus. We don't want to keep them waiting.

Weiss stepped forward and opened the door. Inside, Cyrus saw most of the council seats occupied by the Jedi Masters. A few of the seats were unfilled, most notably was the seat for the Grandmaster. Cyrus hesitantly stepped in. and stood at the center of the room. Weiss took a seat at the left end of the room.

Weiss: Apologies. It appears that we came a bit later than expected.

Ren: No apology needed. Now that you've arrived, we can begin planning our next course of action.

Weiss: Of course. What information have we gathered since our last discussion of this subject?

Sariel: Master (L/N)'s investigation in Vacuo has proven that the Valerins were indeed behind the Shade Academy Bombing.

Blake: They've graduated from fearmongering to terrorism.

Cyrus: Valerins?

Weiss: The Valerins are a group spreading Anti-Jedi sentiment on Remnant.

Blake: And now they're hurting people.

Ren: Precisely. Before these attacks, we couldn't realistically do anything to stop them, since silencing them would just prove their point. But now that people are being put in danger, now we have no choice but to intervene.

Sariel: What is your suggestion?

Ren: Yang's investigation in Argus has yielded interesting results. She thinks that Argus may be the location of their headquarters.

The masters appeared surprised.

Ruby: She found something this big so soon?

Ren: Yes. Her results speak for themselves, but that is not the end of it. She has requested that we send assistance in the event of a violent encounter. If I am not mistaken, we have elected to give this task to the young Cyrus.