Chapter 36: Pregnant?

Standing in the bathroom I reluctantly pick up the test sitting on the counter.

We decided to stay in the cabin for a few more weeks. In that time I started to feel like something was off. I decided to take a pregnancy test. Just incase.

I take a deep breath and turn the test around.

It's positive.
I start to cry, I'm only 19. At the same time, This is our baby. I already love them.

Gaege hears me crying and comes into the bathroom. He glances at the test then back at me. A smile breaks out on his face. I sit the test down and he gives me a hug. I collapse into his arms.

"Don't worry, I've got you" He says, smoothing my hair down.

"What...now?" I ask.

"Let's go home and confirm the results."

I smile and kiss him. Everything's gonna be alright.

"I'm so happy you're the baby's dad. I couldn't handle this without you."

4 months later

Sitting in the doctor's office I'm waiting for the doctor to give me an ultrasound. I finally get to find out my baby's gender!

I can't contain my excitement! I wanna start decorating their room already.

Gaege sits silently next to me, holding my hand. I can tell he's a little nervous. I smile and squeeze his hand softly. He looks up and I can see his face relax. I stare into his green eyes.

Finally the doctor comes in and we get started.

Looking at the screen The lady shows me where the baby's area is.

"Congratulations! It's a girl!"

I start to cry happy tears and smile brightly. I can't wait to start thinking about baby names! Now we can even decorate her nursery.

Once I get off the bed Gaege hugs me. I hug him back and he kisses my forehead. We're having a baby girl.

Once were home I sit on the couch and Gaege sits next to me. Wrapping his arm around me I lean into him. Inhaling his scent I lay back all the way.

"What room should be the babies?" I ask.

"The one next to ours?"he replies.

"Perfect" I giggle.

I move my hands to my stomach and Gaege puts his hands over mine.

"Our baby girl" he says.

"I can't believe it" I reply.

"What should we name her?"

I don't hesitate, I picked out baby names when I was 15. Now its finally happening.

"Saphira" I reply.

"That's beautiful" Gaege responds.

I look up and Gaege kisses me on my head, lightly.

We head upstairs and climb in bed. I cuddle against Gaege and we fall asleep. I've never felt more at peace then when I'm with Gaege.