Chapter 17: Breakfast in bed

I wake up and Gaege isn't in bed. I wonder where he went?

I get up to go find him but he walks in right at that moment. He's holding a tray with pancakes. He arranged the bananas and strawberries to form a smiley face. Except for one banana is out of place so the eyes are crooked.

"He's a cripple!" I giggle.

"Don't listen to her Jeffrey, she's just mean" Gaege says glaring at me.

"I'm just stating facts, love."

"Shh, you made Jeffrey cry!" He says while dripping syrup on "Jeffrey".

I apologize to Jeffrey and Gaege sits down next to me.

"Maybe I shouldn't eat it?"

"It's got peanut butter in it."

I immediately dig in, it tastes delicious. Gaege might just be a better cook then me. I thank him after I'm  done eating. 

"Anything for you darling," Gaege says, kissing me on my forehead.

I lay back down, Gaege lies down next to me, putting his arms around my waist. I scoot my butt closer to him, I love the way my body fits his so perfectly.

He smooths my hair down and holds me, before I can stop it the tears begin.

“What’s wrong Y/N?” He asks, concerned.

“No one has ever made me feel this happy except for Marie” I sob.

I turn over and stare into his eyes, hoping he never lets go. He doesn’t need to say anything, I bury my head into his chest and cry my eyes out. I really needed this, especially from him. 

I feel my eyes drift close and soon I’m asleep. 

Gaege’s POV

I hear Y/N’s breathing even out, she’s asleep. I’m glad I could be here for her, I wanna know who hurt her this bad. Maybe one day she’ll tell me about her past, for now all I need to do is be here for her. 

*Time skip to Valentines day

I’m waiting for Y/N to come out so we can go to this really nice restaurant downtown. Finally she walks out of the room wearing a beautiful form fitting red dress. It hugs her figure so perfectly, I’m a lucky man.

“Ready?” I ask

“Yep!” She says with a bounce in her step.

I laugh, she’s so happy and carefree. I can’t imagine how she looked when she was at her lowest.

Y/N’s POV

When I walk out of our room I see Gaege waiting for me. He smiles and asks me if I’m ready.

“Yep!” I say smiling back.

He laughs and smiles even bigger. I link my arm in his and we walk out the door. Gaege locks up while I get in the car. 

I’m so excited, I’ve been waiting for this restaurant to open for weeks now. This is our first real date in a way. 

This thought makes me laugh, knowing that we had sex before a legit date. We may have moved a little too fast.  That’s okay though, I love him and that's all that matters.

Finally, we get to the restaurant and Gaege opens the door for me. 

“My lady,” He says, offering me his hand.

“Thank you kind sir” I say, trying to keep a straight face.

It’s so romantic though! He’s everything I’ve always wanted. 

I take his hand and get out of the car. We walk towards the door but before Gaege can open it I hear someone yell out my name.