Chapter 32: Dancing

It feels amazing and my body feels alive. He pulls out and spins me around, kissing me deeply. I kiss him back hungrily, my pain turning into lust.

He looks into my eyes and stops what he's doing.

I look up confused and sit up slowly.

He puts on his clothes quickly. I take the hint and grab my underwear pulling them on with my shorts. I then slide a shirt over my head and look at Gaege.

He smiles and urges me closer. I sit down on his lap and cuddle into him. He smells like home and soap but mostly home. His breath heavy on my skin from our steamy encounter.

"When I looked into your eyes all I could see was the pain. I couldn't do that to you" He finally tells me.

I trace my fingers over his stubble and kiss his lips softly. I get up and pull my hair out of the ponytail. I run my fingers through my hair and turn around with a smile on my face.

I walk over to the radio and turn it on. Perfect starts playing and I motion Gaege over with my finger. He gets up and spins me around making me giggle. Putting his hands around my waist we move slowly. I wrap my hands around his neck and move in rhythm with him.

He leans down and kisses my neck. Then he pulls me closer, my chest touching his. I take in this moment, I'm not a slut. Maybe I reacted badly at first but this definitely makes up for it.

I pull away from him and start dancing like a crazy person. Moving my hips with my arms in the air. Gaege watches me for a moment but then grabs my hand and starts dancing with me. I laugh when he tries to twerk. He grabs me by my waist and kisses me deeply.

He loosens his grip and we start slow dancing once again. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes.

"I love you" he whispers into my ear.

"I love you too."

He brings my hand up to his mouth and kisses it. He’s such a gentleman! 

We continue dancing for a little longer before getting in bed. I cuddle against Gaege and close my eyes. He kisses my forehead, keeping his arms around me. Life’s good, I tell myself. I just got engaged and my parents are coming down for a visit soon. Soon enough, I fall asleep. 

5 hours later

I bolt up and gasp. I had a nightmare about Gaege divorcing me. We're not even married yet! He yelled at me and told me that I was a worthless wife. I start to cry even though I know it was just a dream. What if I am a worthless wife. 

I hear Gaege stir next to me. He opens his eyes and sees my tears. 

“What’s wrong baby?”

 I try to smile but fail. 

“Just a nightmare” I say, rubbing my face.

He sits up and pulls me closer. He kisses the top of my head and holds me while I cry. I sob into him, not holding back. 

“What was it about?” He asks me.

I reluctantly tell him all about the nightmare. I eventually stop crying and we lay back down. Gaege never lets go of me and I finally fall back asleep.