Chapter 5: Karaoke

"Are you hiding a beautiful voice underneath all that outer beauty?" Gaege asks when we're alone.

He's sitting on the bed while I stand a few feet away.

"Maybe, guess you'll just have to wait and see" I reply.

In his bedroom I know that no one can hear us so I decide to provoke him a little.

"What you don't know is if my voice is prettier than me with no clothes on."

I slowly peel off my jacket and I can tell by his gaze how bad he wants me. I throw the jacket on the floor and pull my shoes off. We still have an hour until we have to leave, let's have some fun.

He gets up and walks over to me. He lifts my chin up and kisses me deeply. Soon enough his tongue is in my mouth and mine in his. His hands fall to my waist and mine loop around his neck. My heart is racing, we're so close together. My body is responding to the close contact with glee. Eventually, I have to take a breath, breaking the kiss I look up into his eyes and smile.

"That has to be the most romantic kiss I've ever had" I say when I have a breath.

Breathing heavily he looks at me for a second but then picks me off the floor and onto the bed. Before I can say anything his mouth is on mine again. As we kiss I feel him moving to unclasp my bra strap. His hands are so warm on my body, I can only imagine how good it will feel in other places. In the heat of the moment I don't notice the movement underneath the door.

Someone knocks lightly on the door. I struggle to get up off the bed and clasp my bra. Gaege bolts up and rushes to the door. He's too late, the unexpecting person gets a peek at my ruffled hair and Gaege's red face.

"Sorry mate" they say and speed walk down the hall.

"Who was it?" I ask, horrified.

"Mully" he says as he walks over to sit down next to me.

"We just keep getting interrupted, don't we?" He adds with a laugh.

"Yeah you could say that" I say

"This is so embarrassing!" I squeak out.

I cover my eyes with my hands to hide the embarrassment on my face. Gaege just pulls me into a hug and we sit like that for a bit. When I finally pull away I see him smiling at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Ready to go show off that awesome voice?"

"Of course!" I smile back at him.

With that the atmosphere changes into more playful energy. We walk out of the room together and I try to brace myself for whatever comes next.

Surprisingly nobody says anything to either of us. Gaege grabs his car keys and he waits for everybody to get out the door before he locks the door to the house. We hop into his car and start the 15 minute journey to the karaoke place downtown.

We sit in silence for about 5 minutes until I can't take it anymore.

"So.....who do you think is gonna win?" I ask

"Probably you Ms. Hidden talents" he says.

"How much you willing to bet if I win."

"20 bucks good enough for you?"

"I give you 20 dollars If I win?"

"Yep"

"If you win you owe me 20 dollars"

"Deal"

"Okay, fair enough"

I think he's gonna beat me, I'm not that good at singing.

We talk more about ourselves and our lives, he's so interesting. I really think I'm in love!