Chapter 173: The War Had Started

Taehyung looked at Wooshik who was walking towards him. Wooshik murmured, "I am just afraid that you will let him go, I did not come for your sake."

Taehyung turned and looked at Eunwoo.

Eunwoo unbuttoned his suit, took it off and threw it on the ground. "You saved her the last time. Maybe if I save her this time, she will fall for me instead. What do you think?" His smile was mischievous.

"I think you're dreaming!" Taehyung laughed.

There was a row of men standing behind Mark. He had more strength on his side at the moment. Now that the ship had set sail, his chances of survival would increase and be confirmed as soon as he reached international waters.

"Mark, do you really think you'll escape?" Eunwoo called out, laughing.

"If you say it like that, then you should not have sent that coward away earlier. It would have really been a reunion for you then," Mark sneered.

"Where is my wife?" Taehyung demanded again.

"Do not worry, CEO Kim. Mrs. Kim is very safe now," Mark said with a smile, but that smile concealed many emotions. "However, CEO Kim, you destroyed Bo Shen Enterprise. What do we do about that?"

"Where is Insung being held captive?" Taehyung ignored him and asked.

The international waters were getting closer and they could no longer see the coastline.

Wooshik and Eunwoo realized that the ship was moving at an extremely high speed.

If they entered international waters, Mark would really be off the hook.

"CEO Kim is really persistent," Mark looked at the person standing in the rain. He was deliberately delaying to buy himself more time.

Taehyung did not have any intention to attack him at the moment.

"I am sending a message out on behalf of the Bai family," Mark was delaying, but there was sufficient reason for him to do so.

Taehyung had his hands behind his back. The heavy rain hit his eyes, but he leveled his gaze on Mark.

"Bai Ying was the only daughter of the Bai family. However, the elders are aware of her selfishness. They were aware that Bai Ying was going to ruin the Bai family for Insung's sake. That was a secret that everyone knew. Why else do you think the Bai family would support what I am doing?"

Taehyung knew this but when Bai Ying had contacted him, she had been very reluctant to say it.

"Even if I am gone, the Bai family will send another person capable of maintaining the status of the Bai family," Mark said as he calculated the time.

"Who would that person be?" Taehyung asked in a quiet voice.

"The Bai family has survived for many years, and everyone fears their strength. However, there are also many people who are waiting for the Bai family to fall. The elders will not disregard the fact that Bai Ying tried to ruin the Bai family for Insung's sake. The fact that they had given up for me today proves that they already have a trump card in their hands."

"Who is that person?" Taehyung did not want to hear his gibberish, he was only concerned about the issue at hand.

Perhaps it was because this matter was related to Bai Ying, which meant that it would also be related to Chaeyoung. He could not help but care.

The fact that the Bai family would open up the Korea market was directly related to Bai Ying and he could not ignore that fact.

Wooshik and Eunwoo exchanged glances. Chaeyoung was the only person who could make Taehyung completely lose his sense of reasoning.

Mark also knew this, otherwise he would not use this matter to buy himself time.

"I guess it depends on what action you take next," Mark challenged as he took a step back.

The war had started.

Wooshik and Eunwoo exchanged glances. Eunwoo suddenly stepped forward and pulled Taehyung back. Wooshik stepped forward and shot at Mark. Mark quickly dodged the bullet by using the men around him as a shield.

The sudden sound of gunshots stunned Chaeyoung for a moment. However, she quickly regained her composure and ran up the stairs.

Seulgi screamed but could not stop Chaeyoung. She cursed as she heard the gunshots and looked around.

"Do not move."

Seulgi's voice stopped Chaeyoung from running up the stairs. Chaeyoung turned around slowly and looked at Seulgi who was pointing a gun at her. She held onto the handrail and glared at Seulgi.

"Chaeyoung, do you know that you're the person I hate the most? Do you know why I have not killed you yet?" Seulgi asked.

Gunshots could be heard outside.

Inside, the voice of Seulgi filled the place.

Chaeyoung gripped the handrail tightly to prevent herself from falling.

"Chaeyoung, the most painful thing in the world is not death. Even if you hate Taehyung, you will still be willing to die for him, right?" Seulgi said as she held the gun in her hand. Step by step, she walked to the edge of the window.

"What do you mean?" Chaeyoung watched Seulgi and started to feel uneasy.

"Do you still remember the sapphire?" Seulgi sneered.

Sapphire?

After the fire, she could not find her sapphire. She thought that she had lost it in the fire.

"You would not have expected that right? That is a symbol of your identity, but Taehyung took it because he knew your identity. He knew that it belonged to you," Seulgi said as she laughed hysterically.

Chaeyoung stared at Seulgi and her breathing got heavier.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Chaeyoung, Taehyung is carrying that sapphire now."

Chaeyoung held onto the handrail uncertainly.

"What you don't know is that I have hidden a small bomb inside the sapphire, and it is sufficient to kill Taehyung," Seulgi said wildly. "Taehyung treats the sapphire as his most precious belonging and keeps it with him all the time. Chaeyoung, you only have five minutes before I detonate the bomb."

Chaeyoung's eyes widened. She turned around and ran out in seconds.

Seulgi smirked. She knew that she would not be able to survive, regardless of whether Mark or Taehyung survived.

Moreover, Bai Ying would not let her off. She would have to take advantage of Mark's situation and escape now.

As for Chaeyoung, she deserved to die here.

Seulgi kept her pistol and left the ship on a lifeboat.

The sound of gunshots filled the place. Taehyung's team had limited bullets and chose close combat whenever possible.

The people that Mark hired were all highly paid mercenaries.

Eunwoo had not trained for many years and his strength was not as good as before. He was successfully attacked several times.

When Wooshik pulled Eunwoo out of the enemy's grasp again, he was kicked in the arm by another man. The two men tumbled to the ground side-by-side. Wooshik squatted on one knee and said hoarsely, "Brother, life in a suit must have been good."