Chapter 31: The Discovery of the Road Accident

Taehyung did not go back to Chaeyoung 's ward after he left, because he realized something important—the road accident.

Park SeoJun mentioned about the road accident, so did Chaeyoung last night. It was not something he was aware of.

So, Taehyung left the hospital. In his car was PA Jin and in the backseat was an ultra-light notebook. The brand of the notebook was not quite visible, or more accurately, there was no brand. It was Taehyung's personal notebook.

PA Jin has worked with Taehyung for ten years. Knowing Taehyung, he expected what he would want to look for after he calmed his mind.

Taehyung turned on his notebook while PA Jin started the car engine. "I copied this footage from the hotel's staff. Hotels under Chu Enterprise normally keep records up to three years, so I managed to extract this two-year-old footage."

Taehyung did not say a word but was obviously satisfied with what PA Jin did.

The footage showed the recording of outside the hotel. There was no audio, but it was not hard to tell what happened from the recording. It looked like Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were fighting about something in the rain. Tzuyu was saying something and Chaeyoung was just standing and watching. When Tzuyu tried to push Chaeyoung , Chaeyoung reacted and pushed Tzuyu to the ground. That was when Taehyung appeared in the video.

["Chaeyoung , you are the cheapest person I have ever seen." Taehyung helped Tzuyu who was on the floor up and looked at the woman resentfully.

"I didn't do it, she started it, I didn't." Chaeyoung explained eagerly, her eyes begging, "Please believe me, I really didn't do it on purpose."

"Don't touch me! And Chaeyoung , who let you come here?" Taehyung took a step back with Tzuyu in his arms. There was blame in his voice.

"It's your birthday, so I..."

"Chaeyoung , stop using excuses like this to come to me, I don't need you on my birthday. Be your Mrs Kim and don't show up in front of me when I don't want you to."

Chaeyoung was shaking in the rain. Her eyes were downcast while her tears and raindrops ran down her face. And then she took out a present from her tote bag and said, "I will leave now, this is the present I got for you... I just wanted to hand it to you, I don't mean anything else, I..."

"Cut your act, Mrs Kim," said Tzuyu who slapped the present away off of her hand.

The present fell in the middle of the road.

Chaeyoung 's hands froze in the air as if she was still holding the present, her head lowered.

A droplet—could be her tear or the rain—dropped at her foot.

"Chaeyoung , stop embarrassing yourself here," Taehyung said and left with Tzuyu.

Tzuyu chuckled, pushed Chaeyoung down as they were leaving and tugged at Taehyung's arm when he wanted to look back. "Let's go Taehyung, Mrs Kim really should take care of your image. How embarrassing if people knew it was Mrs Kim who was creating all this chaos."

Chaeyoung who was pushed to the floor did not get up immediately. She looked for the present and wanted to pick it up, but the sudden beam of light made her step back.

"Watch your way, damned woman!" The driver shouted at Chaeyoung who was sitting on the ground and drove away.

The present was crushed in the rain, so was her heart.]

Taehyung clenched his fists on the notebook as he watched.