Chapter 162: Won Hae's Second Retaliation

Won Hae looked up at Taehyung.

Panicking, Taehyung wanted to stop Won Hae but he did not know how to respond. Taehyung knew that no one was capable of changing Won Hae's mind.

Meanwhile, Seulgi was standing outside the room, eavesdropping on their conversation. Realizing that Chaeyoung was finally leaving the Kim Family, she started to smile.

"Taehyung, do you love Chaeyoung?" Won Hae asked.

Chaeyoung's body trembled at the question but she quickly regained her composure. She already knew the answer.

"Mom, she is my wife. What is the point of asking this?" Taehyung was annoyed at being asked the same question over and over again.

"Since you don't love her, let her go," Won Hae said simply as she gripped Chaeyoung's hand. Her expression was indifferent.

"You were the one who wanted me to marry her back then. You didn't even care if I loved her or not!" Taehyung snarled, filled with rage.

"Chaeyoung loves you. She would never give up without trying. She now knows all her efforts were wasted, and she is not wrong to finally surrender." Won Hae's tone was gracious but her words were full of venom, wrecking Taehyung's heart.

A fierce anger swept over Taehyung. He wanted to say Won Hae was wrong but he had no words.

Chaeyoung lowered her gaze and sat next to Won Hae quietly.

"I was the one who wanted you to marry my son. Now, let me be the one to end this misery. Both of you, please settle your divorce in the Civil Affairs Department later," Won Hae said reluctantly.

"Mom." Taehyung's brows furrowed.

Taehyung had finally lost Chaeyoung. Won Hae looked at Taehyung sadly. She had given him a chance, but he did not take it.

Chaeyoung turned to Won Hae. She had put in so much effort but none of it bore fruit. In the end, it had been Won Hae that had come to her rescue.

"Chaeyoung , even if you divorce Taehyung, I hope you can still raise the child. This is the only thing I wish of you. I am afraid I can't wait until Taehyung finds another wife. I hope to see my grandchild before I die," Won Hae said, holding Chaeyoung's hand firmly. She knew that Chaeyoung had been to the hospital yesterday.

"Mom, you will be fine. You will be watching your grandchild grow up." Chaeyoung hugged Won Hae tightly.

"I was not a good mother in guiding and disciplining my own child, how will I be able to guide my grandson?" Won Hae smiled as she stroked Chaeyoung's back.

"If I was as brave as you, my son would be a better person now. I am sorry, Chaeyoung I did not guide him properly and you had to suffer the consequences," Won Hae said sadly.

Won Hae was composed but her words were full of sorrow. Hearing them, Chaeyoung's heart throbbed painfully, almost suffocating her with grief.

Near Won Hae, Taehyung clenched his fists tightly. Presently, even his own mother wanted Chaeyoung to divorce him.

Having enjoyed listening to the conversation, Seulgi left with a bright smile on her face.

When Won Hae finally got out of bed, Madame Kim was having lunch downstairs.

Chaeyoung held Won Hae up as they walked down the stairs.

"Now do you know what kind of woman you have chosen?" Madame Kim asked coldly as she glanced at them.

The first thing Madame Kim asked was not about Won Hae's health, instead, she criticized her. Hearing this, Chaeyoung seethed silently. Won Hae quickly stopped her before she could retort.