Chapter 29: Tzuyu's Apology

Biting her lips, Chaeyoung looked at the person approaching her. "You don't rule B City."

"Try me," said Taehyung whose mood had apparently gotten better. "I await your lawyer's letter," said Taehyung while standing up and putting his hands in his pockets.

The ward went back to silence after what Taehyung said, there was not a sound besides their breathing.

"Taehyung ––"

Tzuyu's soft voice called out as Taehyung was about to leave.

Not wanting to entertain the both of them, Tzuyu closed her eyes.

Taehyung looked at Tzuyu who came into the ward with a fruit basket, followed by her manager––Qing.

"What brings you here?" Taehyung squinted and asked monotonously.

"I came to visit Mrs Kim. I was so worried about you that I misunderstood Mrs Kim. It was my fault, I apologize," said Tzuyu while putting the fruit basket on the table.

Apologize?

Misunderstood?

Chaeyoung sneered silently at Tzuyu skilful acting.

"It has nothing to do with you, go home." Knowing that Chaeyoung would not want to see her, Taehyung held in his impatience and said.

Hearing what Taehyung said, Chaeyoung opened her eyes and saw Taehyung pulling a long face and Tzuyu standing behind him.

Tzuyu pursed her lips and trembled a little when she saw Chaeyoung looking at her.

Chaeyoung struggled to get up and dodged when Taehyung tried to help her up.

'Leave? Why leave?' Chaeyoung sneered again silently.

Taehyung 's hand froze in the air and he put it down quickly.

"You don't have to, I don't need fake apologies," said Chaeyoung who was now sitting on the bed and looking at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu then began to tear. She looked at Chaeyoung and said pitifully, "It was really my fault yesterday, Mrs Kim. I was so worried that you might lie to Taehyung that I had lost my mind... I am sorry..."

"Cut your act. I don't want karma to come back to bite you."

"Chaeyoung, do you have to be so harsh with your words?" Not liking the harsh Chaeyoung, Taehyung interrupted and said.

The Chaeyoung he knew was not like this. She should not be like this.

Chaeyoung looked up and stared at Taehyung who got mad all of a sudden. "I have done it so many times already anyway. Why would I pretend to be kind now? Does it make me less sinful?"

Taehyung almost exploded listening to Chaeyoung being sarcastic.

"Oh, of course. No wonder you are mad. I am sorry that I acted up on your precious Tzuyu. Then please make Miss Choi leave this ward or I really can't promise what else I would say."

"Please don't be like this, Mrs Kim. I really didn't mean it... I have learnt my mistake," said Tzuyu as she let her tears fall. "I am really sorry Mrs Kim." Tzuyu then held Chaeyoung's hand tightly.

Knowing what Tzuyu was plotting, Chaeyoung gave Tzuyu a nice good slap before she could use her hand to do it. The slap was so hard that Tzuyu fell on the floor.

How stupid to use the same trick again and again.

The force pulled the needle on Chaeyoung's hand out and her hand began to bleed.

"Chaeyoung." Taehyung raised his hand and almost slapped Chaeyoung.