Chapter 148: How Is She Going To Live Her Life If I Die?

"I cannot protect her forever. Otherwise, how is she going to live her life if I die?" Taehyung interjected in a low voice as if talking to himself.

PA Jin did not talk further.

Mark wanted to get a money laundering channel in Korea. More than ten years ago, Taehyung and his comrades paid dearly for stopping "Mark". Taehyung had since then plotted for years to avenge his comrades. He wanted to destroy Mark and stop him from laundering money in Korea.

However, Mark was not easy to handle. Be it Taehyung or Wooshik, they were ready to perish together with Mark.

PA Jin drove quietly. Even though Taehyung was bad tempered, he was actually paving a path for Mistress. That was the reason Taehyung showed Chaeyoung the data of the funds. He wanted Chaeyoung to know that he was committing a crime so Chaeyoung must stay strong and build up her strength to live her life without him by her side. It was a pity that Taehyung never told her.

Chaeyoung had lost her freedom and was suffocated being placed under close scrutiny. She has no access to her phone and not was allowed to walk outside the house. Hence, she did not even want to walk out of her room.

When Chaeyoung was still thinking for a way to break through the current control, she heard the voice of luggage moving in the house. Curious, she got up and walked out of her room.

Chaeyoung opened the door only to see Seulgi instructing the servants to move her luggage.

'Why is she here?'

"Are you surprised to see me? I have told you that I will return. This time, it was Taehyung who invited me." Beaming with pride, Seulgi walked toward Chaeyoung and stared her in her eyes.

"Really? Congratulations. You are one step closer to become Mrs. Kim." Chaeyoung said nonchalantly and turned to walk away.

"Hey." Seulgi was not pleased with Chaeyoung's reaction and did not want to let her off easily.

"Yes?" Chaeyoung paused her step and look at Seulgi.

"Chaeyoung, you are truly good in disguising yourself. How disgusting!" Seulgi took a step closer to Chaeyoung and glared at her.

Chaeyoung took a step back—her face was indifferent.

"Seulgi, you are a master at acting. Watch your words. Madame Kim may come out from her room anytime and you might reveal your true colors." Chaeyoung shut the door as a dull feeling spread in her heart.

"Grandma, am I not welcomed here? I was there to greet her but she just slammed the door." Hearing the sound of Madame Kim walking up the stairs, Seulgi quickly turned her head to look at Madame Kim with a sad and innocent look.

"Don't care about this ill-bred woman. Grandma loves you." Hearing Seulgi's words, Madame Kim held her in her hands.

"Alright. Grandma, take a rest first. I need to tidy up my stuff. I will show you the ring design tonight."

"That's great. I love everything that you design."

Hearing the sounds fade, Chaeyoung raised her head to look at the ceiling.

Chaeyoung touched her flat stomach gently. She would leave this place, she had to leave this place! She would not let her child be raised at a place like this.

Never!

Seulgi was already at Kim Mansion keeping the old mistress company when Taehyung reached home from work, and from their room came sounds of laughter.