Chapter 101: How Long More Do You Want to Bring Tzuyu Up

Mike walked to a corner hidden from Mark's view and quickly made a phone call to report the current situation.

The receiver of the call went quiet for a while before responding, "This is getting interesting."

"Boss, up until now I think Taehyung hasn't suspected Wooshik's identity. He still thinks Wooshik has passed away, hence the intention to avenge him. Looks like Wooshik has found his mother's murderer. This shows the incident that happened years ago was true." Mike gave his opinion, in hopes of helping his boss to understand the state now.

"Continue watching Wooshik, monitor his next move. If he kills that person, we can trust him then." The receiver ended the call after he finished his sentence.

Mike took a deep breath before going back to the car.

Mark's rage has dissipated as he fiddled with his phone, planning his moves. He was waiting for Mike's return.

Mike got into the car and nodded at 'Mark' in the rear mirror. "Second Master, do we go back now?"

"Let's go back,"'Mark' said coolly as he kept his phone and closed his eyes.

The car engine started and slowly made its way out of this rundown town that seemed non-existent.

Jisoo was keeping time when Chaeyoung got home. If Chaeyoung did not return by seven o'clock, she was going to demand her from PA Jin.

"You're finally home." Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief. She took a look at Chaeyoung and said, "That jerk didn't hurt you, did he?"

The first thing Chaeyoung wanted to do was find her phone and check her account balance to see if her salary was banked in. Chaeyoung felt relieved when she saw the notification message on her phone screen. Including internship, she had worked at Kim Bank for three years. Since she was entitled to regular wages, she had received seven hundred thousand.

Chaeyoung relaxed and turned to look at Jisoo. "Taehyung has paid my salary."

"He had to do that." Jisoo snorted. "You better resign as soon as possible and get the divorce agreement notarized. You would be free then."

Chaeyoung nodded in agreement. Indeed, these were the things she wanted to do but she doesn't know what Taehyung was thinking. He did not bring up the acknowledgment of the divorce agreement.

"I forgot to mention. There were a few calls from several banks today, calling me in for interviews tomorrow. You don't have to worry about me." Jisoo was worried Chaeyoung would compromise because of her, thus hurriedly informed Chaeyoung about the calls she had received earlier today.

"That's good news." Chaeyoung smiled as she spoke. Taehyung has kept his words regarding this matter but she could not tell Jisoo. "I've tendered my resignation letter, but it will take three months for the approval and the handover of work."

"You still want to work for that jerk?" Jisoo shrieked. "Are you that oblivious?"

"It has nothing to do with Taehyung. You know our field has too many numbers involved. I cannot leave a mess for others to clean up because of my personal matters, can I?" Chaeyoung grabbed Jisoo shoulders and led her to the living room to have a seat.

"It wasn't easy to get out of this. You don't need to worry, I won't seek trouble again."

"Glad that you know." Jisoo mocked. "Have you had dinner? I've saved some food for you." Jisoo's tone remained the same, but her concern could be heard beneath the mockery.

Chaeyoung chuckled at Jisoo's awkwardness. She had gotten used to her sarcasm. "Not yet, I'm dying of hunger. I don't have a single penny on me. Luckily PA Jin is kind enough to send me home."