Bonus Chapter : Long distance Troubles

Aaliya was sitting on the bed with her laptop in front, the screen was showing the World clock which she has chosen this time Dubai as her husband the dearest was in Dubai finalizing his new hotel location there.

She was happy of course seeing him getting success as he have always desired on his own but she was irritated as hell right now.

Because it's been five days since they last talked, she texted him asking about his health and things but he replied just 'Fine', just Fine! FINE??

But she calmed herself down saying he must be busy and making herself understand that he is doing all this hard work for them and on top of that, he went directly to Dubai from his work trip to Australia, the different time zones must be taking a toll on him.

She was fine till today when he texted saying that they will take a call tonight, so she was sitting here in front of her laptop screen for the past hour waiting for his call whilst trying to read the book on the market strategy which was in her hand but she hasn't read more than two pages in an hour reason was nothing but lack of concentration as her gaze was drifting to her laptop screen again and again.

She felt like her eyelids drooping due to the fatigue of her day, she has been working on Paris fashion week's design for the past few days along with the new autumn collection of her fashion line and it was draining her would be an understatement.

She laid down still keeping a book in her hand and laptop in front of her, but soon that book slipped off from her hand and her eyelids closed on its own.

It was past midnight when her eyes opened, and she blinked suddenly remembering her scheduled call and worried that she didn't hear his ring, she clicked on her keypad only to see some work-related mail and other notifications but not the one she was waiting to see.

"Go to Hell!" She said to herself as she closed the laptop and turned off the wifi of her laptop as well as her phone so that he can't contact her. And she laid down again.

She laid down again on the bed, switching off the lights only leaving the night lamps on and covering herself with a comforter. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep but her heart wasn't letting her sleep as the thought of his upcoming call kept her awake. She twisted and turned in the bed for a long time but sleep this time didn't embrace her.

After getting tired of her nagging thoughts, she turned on her Wifi only to come across nothing, no text, no missed calls and this time her anger burst out in the form of tears, the tears of frustration, the tears of anger, the tears of sadness and tears of longing.

After crying for some time, she drifted into sleep, escaping from reality, into the dreamland where she met him.

~*~

She woke up in the morning to pray her Fajr (morning prayers), she yawned and stretched herself as she freshened up and prayed her Namaz. After getting done with her prayers, she was making her way towards her closet when her phone pinged with the notification, she was waiting for days.

Arsh❤️ : Hey Liya, Are you awake?

Arsh❤️ : If you are free then want to take a call?

Arsh❤️ : Sorry about yesterday, I came late and slept straight away.

Arsh❤️ : It's been days since I have heard your voice properly and I am missing you Jaan💕

Aaliya saw his texts and even though she was angry, she felt her palpitations seeing the heart emoji, he has sent because one thing that she knew about Arslan was his lack of texting abilities, he was a call person clearly, his texts were always dry, and usage of emojis was rare in his case. And another thing that she saw was the time in Dubai, it was 5 a.m. there, he must woke up early to talk with her, she thought.