Chapter 70 : By your side, Always and Forever

Arslan stood up from her bed but this time she couldn't control herself as she held his wrist halting his movements, He looked at her with a hint of hope and a hint of panic.

"Stay here" She mumbled in an almost inaudible whisper, he had to train his hearing senses to listen to her but when he did, he felt unusually calm hearing two syllables from her.

"I am always here with you, now sleep" Saying he took a seat on the edge of her bed which was more than enough for her. She scooted towards another corner.

"Arsh" She mumbled again employing all her courage and he didn't disappoint her when he took her in his arms almost immediately making her experience serenity after waiting for long days.

She buried her face in his chest as he caressed her hair closing his eyes feeling similar like her. She promised herself that it was just for tonight, just tonight when she would act a little selfish to stay near him, just for now she wants to forget about everything that happened with her, she just wants to hold on to this moment a little longer.

And Arslan felt he was acting thoughtlessly as he hasn't asked her forgiveness yet, that he shouldn't be behaving like this just now but he neither wants to leave this opportunity nor to make her feel abandoned.

That night they slept peacefully in the embrace of their love of life, they knew no matter what happens but in the end, they would need each other at every point in life, and that was the proof when they had a wonderful and refreshing sleep that night.

~*~

"Arslan, I think you can help me," Dr Richard said to Arslan after coming out of Aaliya's room two days later that night. Arslan furrowed his brows in confusion hearing his statement yet nodded his head in approval.

After that night it has become a routine wherein a day time they wouldn't be able to face each other but at night they wouldn't be able to sleep without each other's embrace. It was strange and childish the way they are acting and Dr Richard has decided now that it was enough of their tactics.

"I think Couple therapy would help more than the solo sessions!" Dr Richard let out his thoughts as after the incident they both were taking counselling sessions from Dr Richard but independently, and Richard thought that they both are one of a crazy and stupid couple who was madly in love with his/her partner yet were cowering back because of their own assumptions, and it could only be solved when they both would communicate with each other.

"Do you think that will help?" Arslan asked perplexed with the idea, he haven't thought about it. Would that be a good idea?

"Only that will help!" He replied making Arslan huff out a breath but with a nod of approval.

"Okay if you say so," Arslan said but as if on afterthought added, "Did Aaliya agree?" He asked and Richard gave him a nod.

"Come on, now we don't want to waste any more time than we already have and start right now!" Dr Richard said and entered Aaliya's room making Arslan follow his lead.

Aaliya was sitting on the couch probably due to her earlier session, Dr Richard made Arslan take a seat on the single sofa that was exactly in front of Aaliya and he himself took a seat on the metal chair.

"So as you both know why you are here, I think I should start now." Dr Richard said as he first looked at Arslan and questioned him.

"Can you tell me how you felt when you have heard about Aaliya's death?" Dr Ricahrd asked him and he closed his eyes reviving that painful memory when he learned this news.