Chapter 31 : Trouble?

Arslan has finished his call when they were nearing the construction site, he stopped his car a little away from the site. So Now they have to walk to the site.

Arslan came out and opened the door of the car on Aaliya's side so Aaliya stepped out from the car but that was a construction site and the ground was uneven and stony causing imbalance in her high heels claded feet.

Her left foot got twisted but before she could fall on the floor, Arslan's reflexes worked immediately causing him to hold her in his arms. He held her from her arms, giving her support to stand up straight. She stood up straighter but her breathing got sharper.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, his gaze soft on her features, his voice is concerned and worried.

"Yeah...I am fine!" She said looking at her foot feeling a tinge of aching in her ankle.

He squatted down in front of her, Aaliya's eyes got widened looking at him.

"Arsh Bhai, get up!" She said in disbelief but he didn't listen to her.

He took off her stiletto and put her foot on his knee balancing her. He inspected her foot which was by now red. He softly caressed her foot. His touch was just feather-like but that mild touch caused Aaliya's heartbeat to quicken in anticipation and Nervousness.

He released a sigh, he put her foot back on the heel but didn't make her wear it, just put it above it. He opened the car door and made her sit in the car sideways. She was peeking at him with confusion lacing over her features.

He opened the trunk of the car and eliminated a pair of white sneakers from there. Arslan brought it in front of her. Her lips now parted and made a small 'o' when realization dawned upon her.

He replaced her heels with his sneakers, they were far more comfortable than that stilettos. Aaliya gave him a sheepish smile melting his insides with just her smile. His heartfelt serenity with just her smile. He returned her smile with his small one.

Aaliya came out of the car once again, her feet were smaller than Arslan's causing her difficulty in walking. She was wobbling behind him at a slow pace. And unintentionally even his walking speed slowed down!

Aaliya was walking slowly looking down at her shoes as she was afraid that again her foot would get twisted! Her eyes were on her shoes only to prevent that anticipated twist of her foot! And while looking down unknowingly her delicate hand slipped into his calloused hand which he grasped almost instantly! These all things happened without any of their consciousness as if their body had their mind and its own way to work!

They reached their destined location where Rehaan was already waiting for them in his three-piece business suit with his black aviators on! He acknowledged their presence with a greeting, cheerfulness present in his voice which was as much fake as your happiness on your friend's first-class while you have failed!

His eyes first went to Arslan's hand which was holding a small hand in his, and then on Aaliya who didn't even seem to care about him holding her hand, her eyes shining with different glint while Arslan's eyes were apparently reflecting his inner contentment but then again why does he care?

Oh! Who is he fooling around? He felt the spark of jealousy seeing both of them holding each other's hand!!

He closed his eyes to remove that image and forcefully calmed down his erratic heartbeat taking some huge gulps of air when Arslan was involved in making her understand things the way they work!

They were still looking after the work when Aaliya got a call from her office which made her pale in an instant! She was angry no furious with the thing she heard on the other line! Her relaxed features instantly turned into a cold one. She told Arslan that she needs to leave as she has got very important work at her office on which he offered to come with her but she denied.

Aaliya left from there in Arslan's car as he told her that he would go back with Rehaan so she can use his car. Arslan never had given a car to anyone, not even his family members! Only he drives these cars, if he has to go with the driver then he has a different set of cars!

But then again he would never refuse to Aaliya for anything lest it would be his life! Because she is his life!

Aaliya drove back to her office and reached there in record-breaking time. She sauntered inside the building with disgruntled paces. She firstly met with her new personal assistant named Shoaib. He was a tall man with curly black hair and tanned skin. He was dressed in a formal white button-up shirt and black jeans giving him the perfect office look.

He was overly qualified for this job but he needed one hence he was here. Aaliya talked to him for brief moments and disappeared into the conference room where the team of designers was already waiting for her. She entered the conference room and everyone fell silent looking at her expressionless face which was an indication of the calm before the storm!

She looked intensely at everyone present in the conference room. After an exceptional minute of agonizing silence, her damn of patience broke down and she started speaking in a cold and sharp voice.

"How the hell did this happen?" Her voice came out strained as if she was holding herself back from saying another thing.

Everyone kept silent and nobody uttered even a single phrase-making a rise of her anger even on a greater level. She closed her eyes in frustration, she opened her eyes on listening to an opening sound of the door of the conference room.

Pin drop silence turned into quiet mutterings looking at the person standing at the threshold of the Conference room with his usual cold expressions. No one dared to look at him directly in his eyes.

He entered the conference room with measured confident and arrogant strides passing over the whole expanse in mere strides. He was in front of Aaliya Siddique who was standing at the head chair with a furious articulation and balled fists hanging by her sides. He scrutinized her face for few moments.

"I want to talk with Aaliya. ALONE!" His voice reverberated in the conference room. His tone was dominant and powerful not leaving any room for disagreements.

Everyone hurriedly panned out of the conference room with apprehensive expressions. The person took off the bottle lid and forwarded the bottle of water to heavily breathing Aaliya. Who took the bottle from his hand without a word and sat down to drink it.

After a few sips of water, she visibly smoothed down by presently even Arslan has taken a seat beside her.

"What Happened?" He asked with a soft and gentle tone with which she is remarkably familiar.

"My designs got leaked which had to be submitted on the 'Paris Fashion Week' by tomorrow!" She replied with closed eyes, her hands on her head not knowing what to do as she couldn't jeopardize her Fashion brand's name!

Seems like someone has betrayed her that too a trusted one!

~*~

Hey guys!

I know I am late this week but on a serious note, I didn't feel any motivation to write and I didn't wanted to update for just the sake of updating it!

So, it was a little issue but now I have updated. So let me know if you find it good enough or not?

If you like it then vote, comment, and follow!

Till then the next update, Allah Hafiz!