25. The past-present pt.2

(y/n): "Tch. What do you want?"

???: "First of all, let me introduce myself. My name's Yuto, the one with Raiji's eyes."

(y/n): "Hm... And the other?"

???: "Me? My name's Kenjaku."

(y/n): "Kenjaku...? Where have I heard that before... Well, what do you want? Did you cause all this?"

Yuto: "Indeed we have, this was just... a little something to bring you, although we didn't think that someone would come along with you."

Kenjaku: "We just want to offer you something, a plan to start a new beginning, in a society that only knows sorcerers, without having to fall behind waiting and helping the weak. Just imagine it, a world where all of us are strong, it would end the suffering, every bad aspect of today's society gone. Think about how much we would evolve."

(y/n): "A society of only sorcerers? A new era? I see the appeal in your words, but let's bring it down to reality. Imagine a world where every individual possesses sorcery. It wouldn't be a utopia; it would be a chaotic battleground. Each person striving to prove their dominance, sparking endless conflicts. Can true peace emerge from such a power-hungry scramble? Strength, my friend, is not about showcasing power, but about protecting others. Are you weak with the strong? Or strong with the weak."

Kenjaku: "Oh, that's... disappointing, but worry not, I'll just take your body, and use the sacred power you hold within those eyes to seal the beginning of our new era."

(y/n): What is he talking about... It doesn't matter, I'm the blessed one, I can do this, I have to. I'll protect everyone.

He let loose his right kusarigama, only grabbing and spinning the chain. 

Yuto: "Alright then... Let's test those eyes of yours!"

Yuto launched straight at (y/n) but was quickly interrupted by a barrage of rocks flying his way. He deflected two of them and backed off to dodge the rest.

Sachiko: "HEY! You bastard, were you really about to forget about me?!"

Yuto: "Is she talking about... You or me?"

(y/n): "Eh... I... You...?"

Sachiko: "After I'm done with him, Im taking your so special eyes out!"

Yuto/(y/n): "Who's eyes?"

Sachiko: "AAAAGH! JUST FIGHT DAMMIT!"

The battle erupted in a flurry of action. Yuto, fueled by his formidable sorcery, lunged at (y/n) with lightning speed, wielding a blade imbued with his cursed energy. (y/n) swung his kusarigama, the chain extending like a deadly serpent, aiming to counter Yuto's assault. But Yuto's cursed technique allowed him to phase through the chain's attack, making him intangible and slippery like a shadow.

Sachiko, not to be underestimated, summoned her power of earth manipulation. Arcane symbols lit up the night as she sent stone projectiles with her innate technique. Yuto struggled to dodge the incoming barrage, and Kenjaku moved with supernatural speeds to evade the attack.

Kenjaku, undeterred by the onslaught, began to channel his own mysterious technique. Eerie symbols danced around his fingertips as he prepared his technique with the power to change the course of the battle. With a blood curse technique, he attempted to manipulate the surrounding environment, warping the blood of the slaughtered villagers along with their bodies and surrounding trees into grotesque, twisted forms that threatened to ensnare the Nakatomi duo.