13. Tokyo-Kyoto Sister School Exchange event pt.8

Mai and (y/n) walked through a path in the forest inside the school grounds.

Mai: "So? What did you want to speak about?"

(y/n): "How have you been?"

Mai: "Hm? Why you ask?"

(y/n): "Has something been bothering you lately? For a while?"

Mai: "What are you trying to say?"

(y/n): "Mai, are you happy?"

Mai: "...You've heard, didn't you?"

(y/n): "I was near... But, tell me, Mai. What is going through your mind."

Mai: "Tch... What are you trying to do? Look down upon me? Say 'I know how you feel', don't come at me with all that bullshit... I hate this, I hate it all, I hate being a sorcerer, I hate having to feel like this, I hate being scared, I hate Maki."

(y/n) stayed silent while looking at Mai.

Mai: "What?! I don't want to be a sorcerer! I never wanted to, It's all her fault... Tell me, Was something bad about being ordered to do some things to live a normal life?! I never wanted this... If I could, I would leave all of this behind... but I can't!"

Due to Maki leaving the Zen'in clan, the heavy backlash would hit Mai if she didn't become a sorcerer.

(y/n): "Mai... I can't say I know how you feel but- "

Mai: "Shut up! Of course, you don't! You don't know what is it like to have a clan! You're just a nobody with your stupid eyes!... Was this what you wanted?! To see me like this?! I hate you!"

(y/n): "I had a clan once... You know?"

Mai: "Oh really? Where are they then?"

She said in a sarcastic tone.

(y/n): "They're... all dead. They have been for years now. I'm the last of them, you can say I'm a unique individual in the Jujutsu world."

Mai: "Of course, they are, just say you don't have one."

(y/n): "It's true! Haven't you heard of the Nakatomi clan? I would've guessed you already knew for being a Zen'in."

Mai began to remember a small conversation she overheard when she was younger, something along the lines of the last Nakatomi, and some eyes.

Mai: "Continue."

(y/n): "Well... Let's forget about my clan. Let's talk about you. You're wounded, right?"

Mai: "Wounded? What do you mean?"

(y/n): "I can see it, there's a reason why you can't create much with your technique right?"

Mai: "Are you calling me weak?! You're the same as him!"

(y/n): "You're talking about Naoya, right?"

Mai: "H-how do you?"

(y/n): "I figured it would be him... Would you like for me to take care of him?"

Mai: "Oh really? You killing Naoya?"

(y/n): "Of course."

Mai: "You don't have to."

(y/n): "Well, besides that... You said you didn't want to be a sorcerer, right?"

Mai: "Were you even listening? I did."

(y/n) took off his bandages and looked at Mai in the eyes.

(y/n): "Would you like to run away with me?"