16. Zen'ins and Nakatomi

Sorry for the who knows how many weeks wait, but I was pretty busy, so I didn't have the time to finish the chapter, plus some writer's block, I'll try to retake the story but I can't promise weekly chapters like before. Besides, beware of some slight JJK manga spoilers! 

Mai: "No, this idiot was just about to leave."

(y/n): "Is that right? Well... Get going."

Naoya: "I was but... Now that you're here, plus, you don't order me around."

Mai: "Tch. Just leave already!"

Naoya: "Quiet, woman."

(y/n)'s grip tightened on his shoulder, making Naoya slightly bend.

(y/n): "You don't talk like that to Mai, you heard?"

Mai: "Just leave."

Naoya turned to face (y/n) and pushed him with his hand, making him go some steps back and freeing his shoulder.

(y/n): "Hm?"

Naoya: "Let's test those eyes, shall we?"

Mai: "Oi!"

Naoya lept at (y/n), the latter didn't move an inch and just pointed at the sky with his left hand. Making Naoya look up in the direction he was pointing, but just as he did, he was met by a powerful right hook that sent him rolling.

(y/n): "Y-you... You really fell for that?! HAHAHAHAHA. YOU'RE A FOOL!"

Naoya's blood boiled, he only wasn't fooled, but he was fooled by (y/n).

Naoya: "y-you... You!"

He leaped at him again, but now with twice the speed, surprising Mai, which was now starting to worry for (y/n).

Naoya used his ability 'projection sorcery' a technique inherited by the Zen'in clan, which lets the user turn one second into 24 frames and trace a predetermined set of movements using his field of view as the angle view. While using his technique, anything that he touches with his palms must abide by the 24 fps rule or they are frozen one second inside an animated frame.

But there's one slight problem, the technique involves a pre-determined set of movements, the user cannot change the action once started, and if the trajectory of movements or the laws of physics is ignored excessively, the user will freeze as well.

It shouldn't be a problem for someone as experienced as Naoya, but the problem comes with (y/n)'s unpredictability, maybe it's his strength, intelligence, or mere stupidity, but he's an unpredictable individual, a somewhat perfect counter for the technique.

Naoya, having already set his movements was halfway through them when (y/n) made his move.

(y/n): "Kaboom"

Sending Naoya away, (y/n) disappeared and appeared in front of him, hitting his stomach with his index and middle finger, making Naoya kneel.

(y/n): "Pretty weak if I say so myself."

Naoya: "Tch."

(y/n): "Now you guys, get him out of here."

He said to some assistants that were nearby, too afraid to come close to the fight between the two.

The assistants hesitantly took Naoya away, while (y/n) and Mai just looked at them, the latter was in somewhat shock, she didn't know he would be capable of defeating Naoya, a special grade 1 sorcerer.

Mai: "W-wow."

(y/n): "Wow what?"

Mai: "You just beat... Naoya..."