24. The Past Present pt.1

Some days passed since the two friends spent some time together, and (y/n) recently noticed the more missions the jujutsu samurai were being sent to. And after a reunion of the elders, they decided to send (y/n) along with a partner to investigate a place that was lately known for having significant amounts of cursed energy emitting from it.

(y/n): "So, what's the plan?"

He asked one of the elders, known as Masao, one of the Nakatomi leaders.

Masao: "You and a partner will go investigate the forest land in the south near the Agatomo village, find the source of all the cursed energy and exterminate it. Your partner will arrive shortly."

(y/n): "Hm, right... Do I need a partner?"

Just before Masao could respond, the person they were going to discuss arrived, at it was none other than Sachiko.

(y/n): "S-Sachiko-chan!"

Sachiko: "(y/n)-kun!"

Masao: "Sachiko-san will be your partner for today. You'll leave at noon."

And so Masao left, only leaving (y/n) and Sachiko, the reason for them being paired for such a mission, was the skill level of both, of course (y/n) being the child of the prophecy. Sachiko being top of her class, even tho at the time, women weren't taken very seriously in the Jujutsu world. Her cursed technique revolved around weapons, imbuing them with cursed energy to make fatal attacks to curses.

Sachiko: "Seems like we get to spend more time together, huh?"

(y/n): "It does look like that. Be sure not to fall back."

Sachiko: "You wish. As it seems that the great Sachiko will have to reduce her power to level the enormous difference."

(y/n): "I'll put some dirt in your eye."

Sachiko: "I'll punch those glorious eyes of yours!"

(y/n): "Hehe, I know you would. Let's get ready, I'll see you at the entrance, don't spy on me while I'm changing... again."

Sachiko: "It was an accident!"

(y/n): "Yeah yeah keep telling yourself that. Ya,' perv."

Sachiko: "Why you!"

In giggles (y/n) left the room while dodging Sachiko's sandal that she personally threw.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some time the duo arrived at the main entrance of the Nakatomi village. Both wearing their each combat outfit, which consisted of comfortable and flexible clothing, along with some wooden protection on the forearms, shoulders, chest, and waist. And like always, (y/n) clothes were made to match his eyes. It started to become annoying to him since 9 years ago. Sachiko carried her kanabo, a large wooden club with metal studs all around it, and a wakizashi as her backup weapon. While (y/n) carried his usual kusarigama, which was a small scythe with a chain attached to the bottom of it, and at the end of the chain a small iron weight. His weapon was wrapped around his right forearm and some cloth was on the scythe to prevent any unwanted cuts. (y/n) also carried a Wasaga wrapped around his back, a bamboo parasol to shield them from sunlight or rain. Just in case, you never know

Both of them were skilled with all types of weapons, whether it was longbows, katanas, naginata, or kunai. But decided to go with their main ones due to the nature of their fighting style or cursed techniques.