33. 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

— IT WAS   TIME   FOR THE   RUMBLE

My heart was beating out of my chest and I was sweating like crazy. Me and Dally had made our way over to the Curtis house, Dally having to practically carry me down the stairs at Bucks since he fucked me a little too hard. When limping, Dally laughed at my situation and I rolled my eyes before he scooped me up in his arms and carried me out to my car.

As I watched the Gang get all riled up as they jumped and hollered, I couldn't help but feel a pit forming in my stomach, like something bad was about to happen. I felt as though the world was going to stop spinning at any moment, and the rumble tonight wouldn't be like any other rumble. This rumble was going to be different, and it would leave everybody in shambles.

I contemplated on telling the boys not to go, but before I could finish my thought, Dally quickly kisses my forehead and was out the door along with the other boys.

Little did they know, I was going to fight against their wishes. They didn't know of my plan and assumed I was at the Curtis's for the support and to help them patch up afterward, which was true. But I would also be helping them win the fight in which I started as it was only right, regardless of their protective concerns and wishes.

When I looked out the window and saw that they were no longer on the street, I quickly made a run for it out the back door. I knew that trialing behind them and occasionally hiding behind a few cars wasn't going to cut it, so instead I decided to take a shortcut. The sky was pitch black and there wasn't anybody around for miles. There was an occasional dog barking and yapping behind every couple chain link fences that I would pass that were connected to other residences.