21. 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

— BUCKS   WAS OVERCROWDED WITH  SWEATY BODIES AND   CIGARETTE   SMOKE

BUCKS   WAS OVERCROWDED WITH  SWEATY BODIES AND   CIGARETTE   SMOKE

People were coming up to the bar left and right. The cash came off the counter faster than it was put down. The money jar was practically overflowing with dollar bills and coins occasionally sinking down the bottom. It was not only the Fourth of July, but it was also Buck's birthday meaning that people were celebrating two events at once. People were practically suffocating against one another from the amount of bodies squeezed into one room.

I had never felt so claustrophobic, even being behind the counter of the bar. I looked over to see Buck laughing and talking with his friends in the pool room. People were swiping each other money from wins and loses.

Thankfully a fight hadn't broke out yet which was quite surprising as there was one at least every night. I suppose since it was a day of celebration compared to any average Saturday night, people had kept their cool. Still, I wouldn't want to keep my hopes up as there can always be a change in the atmosphere and in a split second people's fists will start flying from the smallest disagreement. I sighed heavily, wiping my forehead and riding it of sweat, my skin glistening on the red lights above bleeding onto everybody's faces.

I was sliding glasses all across the counter, some of the liquor occasionally spilling a few drops. I had wiped the counter at least 20 times since my shift had start, which by that time was 30 minutes ago. The constant moving of my feet across the floorboards and swaying of my arm from wiping the counters down made me feel exhausted and burnt out. I had two more hours of my shift, two more dreadful hours.

"You look like you need saving to be honest" I heard a familiar voice laugh. I looked over to see Two-Bit standing in front of me with his iconic grin. He already had a beer in hand, but by the volume of the alcohol in the bottle I knew that he was here to get a new bottle.

"Tell me about it. My legs feel like they're on fire" I groaned before lightly slamming my head on the counter. Two-Bit laughed and patted my head lightly jokingly. "But.. let me guess.. beer?" He nodded and I grabbed a beer out from the fridge below and opened it, grabbing the money that he put down on the counter and added it to the overflowing jar.

"Listen.." I heard Buck shout over the music to me, now standing in front of me like magic. I jumped slightly at the sudden appearance, my hand over my heart. "There's a person here asking for a job since someone just quit. I can see your stugglin' so imma ask them to take your spot to see how they do."

I sighed in relief, thanking him before he walked off. I lifted up the small door to get out the bar, walking toward the bathroom. Turning on the old light, the room flickering before fully becoming bright, I locked the door. Walking over to the mirror I looked at my complexion, lightly stroking over my now healed wound on my forehead. The scar was fresh since the jumping happened a week or two ago and had only fully swelled down, making my forehead look less damaged.

I fixed my long black shirt and tugged down my grey long sleeve, a black corset like top covering it. I readjusted both my necklace and earrings, making sure to twirl around my rings fingers to look nicer. I held my back leather jacket in hand, giving myself a final look in the mirror before walking back out to the party.

 I held my back leather jacket in hand, giving myself a final look in the mirror before walking back out to the party

Somehow, the party had gotten more and more crowded. I decided that I should find the Gang as there would be fireworks soon and we would all go together to the park and watch them. I didn't care if Dally and Soda were there, I just wanted to have a good time and not let their crude behaviour ruin my night.

I squeezed through groups of people, the sweat on their bodies making it easier to slide past— disgustingly enough. In my mind I hoped that my perfume that I had put on would come through and mask the smell of both cigarettes and beer.

I immediately spotted Johnny who was waving to me. I smiled, squeezing through as fast as I could to get to him. I immediately embraced him, Johnny's arms wrapping around me. "Johnny! I haven't seen you in ages!" I giggled in joy, "Sorry I reek of cigarettes and alcohol"

He shook his head no whilst laughing and looking down at the floor, stuffing his hands in his jean jacket. "Doesn't everybody?" He joked, making us both laugh.

Two-Bit came up behind me and Johnny, hooking his arms over both of our shoulders. "Whassupp.." Two-Bit slurred, his beer spilling onto the floor. He was drunk out of his mind, per usual, but this time he wasn't tripping over his own feet which impressed the majority of us. "What's good? You seen your baby daddy?" Two-Bit cackling at the last part, referring to Dally.

My mood switched at the mention of him which Johnny quickly caught onto to. "Hey Two, why don't ya' go bug Darry. It's his day off after all"

"Right awn partner!" Two-Bit hollered, holding his beer in the air whilst stumbling toward Darry and his friends. Johnny looked at me and I nodded, taking his arm and pulling him outside.

"Is somethin' the matter?" Johnny asked me with his southern drawl coming out thick. "Somethin' happened with Dal.. didn't it."

"Yeah... he- you see this scar?" I asked, pointing to my forehead, him nodding with a both shocked and concerned expression— similar to the one the night he got jumped. "I got jumped by some Greaser. Dal found me afterward and helped. The morning after, he got mad at me for something I said."

"What'd you say?" Johnny asked.

"I don't know.. that's the thing. I have no clue what I said, if I did I would have gotten over it by now and apologised in the moment." I sighed, leaning my head in my hands on the fencing of the porch. I felt Johnny pat my back in earnestness, his empathy bringing me ease about the situation.

"Listen Cerise, you need to talk to him." Johnny told me, making me finally look at him. "If you don't... things won't work out.."

Those words shattered my heart. Even though me and Dal weren't deep deep into our relationship, I still wanted to be with his desperately because I knew that he was the one. Everything about him to me was perfect. He was always the first thing I thought about when I woke up and the last thought when I went to sleep. That's how much I valued him as well as our relationship. And even though I didn't want to admit it, and he'd never say it back or even feel it..

— I LOVED DALLAS