31. 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒

— I   KNOCKED   ON THE   OLD   AND   DUSTY DOOR

— I KNOCKED ON THE OLD AND DUSTY DOOR

"Cerise!" Soda exclaimed, pulling me into an unexpected hug, catching me off guard. "Come in!" He gestured with his hands, allowing me to walk into the Curtis home that smelt of grease and man musk— which If I was being honest, was not the best smell in the world, but at this point I was used to it.

"You didn't have to knock you know" Darry reminded me as he sat on his recliner chair, reading his newspaper like an old man.

"I know, I went to open the door but it was locked." I explained, sitting down next to Soda on the couch. I felt something poke me underneath my bare thigh. I shifted my weight and pulled out a feather that was sticking out of the cushion, making my skin itch. I let it glide onto the floor and underneath the couch, preparing it to sit there for years and collect dust among the many other lost feathers.

"Shit, sorry Cerise. Darry was fixin' the door yesterday and forgot to unlock it." Soda groaned, throwing his head back on the back cushions. I shook my head, laughing lightly and waving him off, letting him know that it was fine.

"Hey Cerise!" Pony waved to me as he walked passed me and Soda and into the bathroom. I waved back and gave him a smile before returning my eyes over to Soda.

Me and Soda began to talk about random things, whatever came to our minds. Talking with Soda was easy, it was like butter on toast— and that wasn't something people could say often. We could go back and forth and not once have to stop for anything except to catch our breathes. Soda knew how to respond to everything, it always just sounded right. It's what made him so charming to those around him. He could uphold a conversation without zoning or drying out, most likely because he was a very social person.