09. 𝐈𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘

— IT HAD BEEN  TWO  WEEKS  SINCE I LAST SAW  HIM

— IT HAD BEEN TWO WEEKS SINCE I LAST SAW HIM

I had still hung around the gang, getting closer to them day by day. I was practically in their gang now and I finally felt like I had a place in the world. I felt that I wasn't alone in some of my struggles and flaws. They made me feel welcomed and never hesitated to help me, whether it was through defence or something that I needed, they would do their best to help.

Of course Dallas still came around, but I ignored him and acted as if he were a simple breeze passing by. I didn't want him to affect me and the gang, I was allowed to hang out with who I wanted to and if he had a say about it— he could go fuck himself.

The gang didn't know about me and Dally as it was so sudden of course. I decided not to tell them as I was ashamed of the situation. Not the kiss, but the fact that I fell for his lies. I also didn't want to ruin the friendship I had built up with them from falling for their friend, also a member of the Curtis gang.

I wasn't sure why Dally didn't tell them as he seemed like the type to talk shit and brag about some girl whether she rejected him or not. He was an asshole that way, out of the many others.

I was talking with Sodapop and Steve at the DX, leaning on the counter as I sipped on my bottle of pop occasionally.

They were going on about these two girls that they were interested in who were best friends. They said that they were cute but also feisty. They were thinking about asking them on a double date and were asking for my opinion, though i'm not sure why as they could both pick up a girl with the snap of their fingers. I mean girls from all over town would come and see Soda, even the Soc girls. He didn't even have to try at all— he could smile and the girls would faint, swooning. It was ridiculous, but I couldn't blame them all that much. He was quite attractive, like.. movie star attractive.

"Listen.. just be chivalrous alright? girls love a gentlemen. Also make sure to ask about her mostly, you can talk about yourself occasionally, but focus on her mainly. Girls want to feel cared for." I explained to them before taking a last big gulp from my bottle, the sweet beverage washing down my throat.

"Right.. and do girls like it when we kiss them on the first date?" Steve questioned hesitantly and I laughed at his words.

"Slow your role there buddy. This is a double date, first date for both of you. Besides, it usually depends on the girl— but always ask for permission since some girls don't like it when guys kiss them without it" They both nodded intentively, taking mental notes.

"Worst comes to worst is that they say no anyway" Soda laughed, his bright smile practically beaming and lighting up the whole of the DX— like the sun lighting up the sky.

The bell above the entrance door rung, signalling a customer had come in. We continued to talk to one another as we didn't think it was anyone important, just another customer.

Out of nowhere, keys were slammed on the counter right next to me by a very familiar hand. The hand with the skull ring and the leather jacket covering the wrist, besides the fact that it was summer. Unfortunately, he knew exactly who I was— I believe that's why he slammed the keys instead of placed them.

But at the end of the day, he doesn't get to be mad. I do, because it's me that he hurt, not the other way around. He may testify against it, but me and him both know that this was on him. Maybe not all, but most of the situation.

"Steve man, can you fix Buck's car? it's parked out front.." Dally asked before walking toward the magazines. Steve nodded before walking out to the front.

Dally grabbed a Playboy magazine, making me cringe. It had a girl on the front wearing a white bikini, her stomach had the playboy bunny painted on with red lipstick. It was the 1964 edition— I knew that because my father had one that always stood on the coffee table.

Dally slid the magazine under his jacket in attempts to be discreet, but of course Soda spotted him. "You gonna pay for that Dal?" Soda chuckled with a sly smirk. Dally rolled his eyes, waving his hand at Soda.

I shifted uncomfortably on my heels, digging my nails into my palms, a nervous habit of mine whenever I were stressed or uncomfortable.

Soda sensed the tension between me and Dally, him coughing in attempts to fill the awkward silence.

I took a deep breathe, "Alright, i'm out. I promised I would help Pony with his french since i'm fluent and he's interested so.." I explained, making my way toward the door to leave. Soda waved me a goodbye and mumbled a "later" before I stepped back into the simmering summer heat.

I watched as Steve tinkered with Buck's red thunderbird. I walked over to my car before I heard footsteps trailing behind me. I spun around as I recognised the sound of boots, and I was faced with Dally standing before me— his brows furrowed.

"What?" I grunted, my arms crossed tightly. He looked at me with his jaw clenched before looking to the side with his tongue between his teeth.

"Listen... about that night-"

"I don't want to hear about your lame excuse Dal.. okay it's done, you hear?" I cut him off, venom in my voice in attempts to make his heart sting. Though, it did nothing as his skin and blood were as tough as metal. He didn't get hurt or offended easily, i've learnt that.

I turned to walk away, moving toward my car further. "Baby li-" Dally grabbed my hand softly before I yanked it away and turned to him.

"Don't call me baby, I am not. your. baby" I snapped, I could see from the corner of my eye that Steve was now staring at us. "Dally, you hurt me. You treated me like shit, you made me become vulnerable and then discarded me. Making me feel embarrassed-"

"You think I didn't make myself vulnerable for you? That kiss was nothing that I had ever experienced. No girl had ever kissed me like that. I made myself soft for you in that moment, but now I see I haven't. Your just a little brat." He yelled in my face making my eyes tear up, but I quickly blinked them back as I didn't want him to get the satisfaction of hurting me.

"And who did that Dal? I didn't make you, I didn't tell you to do any of that? You could have kissed me like you kiss every other one of your toys but you didn't. I didn't ask you to do that, you did it!" I shoved my hands against his chest in anger, my teeth grinding against one another.

He clenched his jaw so hard I thought that it might break. He looked at me with those dark eyes, filled with anger and regret. He stayed silent, looking away from me.

I then turned and walked away, getting into my car and driving off faster than I should have. I may as well have crashed with the way the I were driving. It was like Dally's if not worse, but I was angry..

— AND I HAD  EVERY  RIGHT  TO  BE