02. 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄, 𝐑𝐔𝐍!

 —I   FLIPPED   OVER MY   VINYL   ON MY  RECORD PLAYER

—I FLIPPED OVER MY VINYL ON MY RECORD PLAYER

I shook my hips a bit, swaying to the music. My lips sung along to the music— my voice barely above a whisper. I made sure to keep my volume to a minimum as my cousin, Seline, was sleeping.

After I had left the diner back in my old town, I went out to the pay phone and called her as I had remembered that, coincidentally, Seline lived there.

Seline, although was tough, also had a soft spot for certain people— me being one of them.

I looked around my room— my clothes from last night scattered across the floor. I was so tired from my shift that I didn't bother to put them away, I was lazy like that, but that never meant that I didn't attempt to keep my room tidy.

I bent down and began to fold the clothes neatly, walking over to my closet and putting them on my shelf among the many other clothes. My closet was fuller than others as I took a liking to clothes even if I didn't seem like the type.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my window, making me jump. I pulled back my sheer curtains and saw Dallas staring at me through the glass, a smirk appearing on his face once he saw me. I furrowed my brows as it was quite late and I figured he was out doing something else or sleeping.