22. 𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘'𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

— I WATCHED PEOPLE   SWAYING   THEIR BODIES   AROUND   BUCKS

I took a long, loud sip of my whiskey, the loud swirling and swaying like the peoples bodies on the dance floor. I stared down at the liquid brown hue, the condensation on the glass rubbing off onto my finger tips. I wanted to do as Johnny said, talk to Dallas. I just had to find the courage as well as Dally's whereabouts. I didn't even know if he was in the same building as I was. Was he up in his room smoking a cigarette? or was he out in the dim light of the night, underneath the glowing moon.

"Dallas, Dallas, Dallas.." I whispered underneath my breathe. "Where are you.." I tapped the wooden counter impatiently. Every time I saw a brunette boy my heart jumped and my mind ran with possibilities, but when the person turned it was an unfamiliar face. 

"You look lost.." A guy playfully said as he stood next to me, leaning against the counter. I didn't recognise the man, and he looked a lot older than me. He had a rough beard and was about 5'11. His eyes were dark and lustful, but not like Dally's. No, Dally's were wondrous and mystical— but the man's were the complete opposite. They were perverted and greedy and it didn't take a genius to figure out that he was both of those things. 

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, clearing my throat. "I'm fine thanks" I smiled kindly with a hint of irritation in hopes that he got the hint.

"Nah honey, I think you're lookin' for some fun tonight" He laughed deeply. Didn't get the hint, so this time I had to be blunt.