23. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑

— I TOOK A LONG,    HARSH   DRAG   OF MY CIGARETTE

I listened to the sounds of laughter and chatting through the screen door as I sat on the porch of the Curtis residence. The Gang making the house lively with their playful energy and giving the kind home life. Listening to the ambiance as well as the outside world made me feel at peace. The branches swaying and the leaves in the trees brushing against one another, releasing a blissful and calming sound.

It had been a few weeks since Dally beat Soda and they hadn't talked once. Dally would come around the house occasionally to say hi to Johnny and Pony, but only during the times that he knew Soda and Darry would be at work. It isn't that Dally was pissed at Darry, Darry just scared Dally half to death. He couldn't face him after that glare we all saw Darry gave him. The rest of the gang was normal with one another, not having any feuds or participating in any boxing matches— well, apart from the ones where they wrestle one another on the floor after stealing the others piece of cake. But that was still normal activity, so much so that Darry didn't even try to stop them. It was what they liked to call, "brotherly bonding".

If the house was full and Soda as well as Darry were home, Dally would ask for Two-Bit, and he would tell him to ask me to meet Dally outside. Thankfully for him, I'd sometimes be on the porch by the time he got to the house so he wouldn't have to make an awkward call to Two-Bit from outside.

Dally didn't want to see Soda and Darry just because he was scared of Darry, but he also hated apologising. He was a stuck up Greaser with an ego bigger than his dick, meaning that he wouldn't suck up to anybody. And from what i've heard, his dick is pretty big— but I have yet to see it for myself.

Today was one of those days where Dally would find me outside, usually smoking a cigarette or just basking in the sun. It was now spring, meaning that the sun was out more than usual. Even with that being said, the Tulsa nights would still get cold.

"Hey baby," Dally greeted, making me stand and lean up to his lips, giving him a kiss. "You wanna go have some fun?" he asked me, grabbing me by my waist and pulling me in. I nodded in response with a big smile, excited for the activities to come.

The thing with Dally is that no matter what sort of relationship that you had with him, hanging out was either very chill or an adventure. There was never an in between, and that's what made being with him all the better.

         -—SODA

         -—SODA

I walk out to the porch to find Cerise gone. Her cigarette stumped out on the wooden porch, smoke still coming off of the end, the ashes scattered around. "Hey does anyone know where Cerise is? She ain't sittin' on the porch." I asked barging back into the house.

"Probably went out with Dallas." Two-Bit announced before taking a sip of his beer, his eyes fixated on the TV that was playing Mickey Mouse.

My jaw clenched at the mention of his name. Of course Cerise would be with that scum? why wouldn't she? I thought to myself. I stomped into the kitchen, cursing under my breathe from pure build up. I wanted to beat Dally to a pulp, but he was avoiding me so I never had a clear time to strike.

"You're doin' it again, Soda" Darry patted me on the back as he walked into the kitchen, making me snap out of my own head. "You need to stop thinkin' about it, it'll only make it worse."

"Right.." I mumbled under my breathe. The problem is that I couldn't stop thinking about it no matter how hard I tried, even if I really wanted to. But I couldn't erase what I did, and I couldn't erase the payback that I got. Dally was right to beat me up, that wasn't what I was mad about. I was mad about the fact that she was his, not mine. I've always been frustrated about the two of them together since they actually started being together. Ever since I met Cerise she was a dream, she was everything that I wanted in a girl. It was unbearable watching her be with somebody so cruel and perverted.

I've seen the at that Dally treats girls, everybody has. He doesn't give a shit about the girl he's with, whether she's kind or mean or warm or cold. He would never cheat, he hated people who cheated. But even with that being said, with the way he treated girls, the girls honestly rather that he had cheated. I'm not sayin' that he would beat on them, god no. He ain't that much of a monster, but he would treat the girls like their feelings didn't matter.

Any time you went over to Bucks, you could hear him and his girlfriend yappin' at each other about god knows what. Next thing you know, Dally discards the girl and he's onto the next. He treats girls like toys, like their feelings don't matter. It's why I hated the fact that he was with Cerise. I knew he would do the same with her, and in the end she's broken like an old toy, pieces missing from her heart.

"This isn't gonna end well, Dar" I spoke up, Darry looking back at me. "You know it ain't"

"Nah I think it will.." Darry laughed, cleaning the counter tops and scraping off crumbs from his previous chef work. "I mean have you seen the way he looks at her? and the way he treats her is different from any other girl."

"You can't be serious?" I retorted, my fists clenching. I tapped my feet of the floor impatiently. "He's an asshole you know that! I can tell you right now she's gonna come through our door any second and sob because of Dal-"

All of a sudden we heard the front door slam and everybody jumped up. Me and Darry ran toward the front door to find Cerise practically in shambles. Tears were streaming down her face and she couldn't stop crying no matter how hard she tried.

"See Darry I told ya!" I waved my hands in the air, "Cerise what did Dally do?" I walked over to her, rubbing her arms. She quickly slapped them off, pushing me away from her and making me stumble back. Suddenly, I took a good look at her and noticed the blood stains on her shirt and hands.

"Cerise? W-what's wrong?" Darry asked, coming up to her with his hands on his hips.

— "DALLY WAS  STABBED"