When You Get Hurt But Hide It

Start from the beginning

Your inhales caused pain and discomfort, but you struck with precision and accuracy regardless.

A swift strike to the neck was all you needed before stumbling back onto the dirt, cradling your side to lessen the blow on your gushing wound.

"Ow... damn.." You mumbled, standing up as best as you could. "Ugh... my head's spinning.."

Black spots started appearing in your vision and you quickly took off your haori, wrapping it around your waist tight enough to stop the bleeding.

"Ow ow ow..!" You whimpered, leaning against the wall.

"Hm. Sorry about that." You looked at the fading demon as he spoke. "Good hit, kid. You should get that checked."

He finally turned to dust and you nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I know..." you tried to compose yourself, standing as straight as you could and trying to walk right.

"Hey! Are you okay?" A tall man peaked from around the corner and ran over worriedly. You looked up at him and nodded.

"Yeah- yeah, I'm just.." your breath hitched. "I'm just a little sore."

"You're bleeding!"

"It's not that bad." You inhaled gruffly, turning and giving the man a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine."

The man's lips pressed together in a thin line.

"If you say so.." he muttered.

You sheathed your sword, despite how much it hurt, and waved a goodbye.

Now it's just getting home and not letting Tanjiro see. At least you defeated lower moon two..?

Zenitsu Agatsuma

You rarely get hurt on missions or outside of missions. This was an exception though, and it was during a mission.

You, as the current Flamr Hashira— which you were still trying to wrap your head around— were sent to kill a lower moon demon. Lower moon one. Now you don't have too much of a good experience with that rank, but it's what Okayata-sama asked of you.

So you were walking to the village with C/n flying above you.

*C/n=Crows Name!

"CAW! We're nearly there! It's just past those trees! CAW!" She flew down to rest on your hand.
She never liked flying.

Other demon slayers requested new crows because of this, but you gave her the benefit of the doubt. Now she's happy to be with a Hashira.

"Did you see anything else?" You asked.

"Nope! Just the town!" She replied.

You brought her up to your shoulder and she hopped onto it. You walked through the forest, hand on your sword. The sun had set hours ago, so you figured it'd be out by now.

"Okay. Hide in the trees." C/n nodded with a hum and flew to the trees.

"Be CAWful!" She never could quite say words that started with a C, K or Q without it turning into a caw.