When You Spend Time Together

Tanjiro Kamado

It was 5 AM, earlier than your job at the butterfly estate started. Because you couldn't get to sleep, you decided to go for a walk and waste time.

Waving at her with a smile, you walked outside and said, "Bye, Mitsuri."

"Bye... Y/n..." She mumbled, dozing off at the table.

Walking down the path, you breathed in the cool air and looked up at the slightly blue sky.

It'd been a week since Tanjiro and you agreed to hang out, but you got a mission so you never got to. But, you heard that Tanjiro had been training early in the morning, so you wanted to surprise him.

You found him up on the roof and walked towards the front so he was facing you before leaping up onto the roof.

"Hi." You patted his shoulder and sat down next to him.

Startled, his eyes slammed open, but he chuckled nervously after realizing it was you.

"What are you doing up so early?"

"Sorry, Y/n-san. I'm practicing total concentration breathing." He replied, then took a deep breath.

"Wait." His eyes widened in confusion as he paused mid-breath. "You can train while we're out." You smirked, taking his hand and standing up. "Besides, we never got to hang out like we planned."

"Uhm... Yeah, sure." He smiled.

___

Since you still had to go to work and Tanjiro was still healing, you decided not to stray too far and took to walking around the forest.

It didn't take long for conversation to start, the air shifting to a comfortable warmth once it did.

"I'm going to become a Hashira some day. I can only hope to be the one who'll stop Muzan." You brought up, glancing away from trees and towards the sun.

"I hope you do that." Tanjiro smiled. You returned it, giggling a second later.

"You stopped your breathing, Tanjiro."

He blushed slightly and restarted once again.

"Can you do it? Total concentration constant?"

You nodded and looked around at the trees again.

"My sister taught me. I think you briefly met her... She's the Love Hashira. Real nice, helped teach me most of the things I know even outside of the corps." You ranted. After realizing that's what it was, you laughed. "Sorry. You probably don't want to hear it."

Looking over at him, you noticed a slight pink to his cheeks along with a small smile.

"What?"

He jumped and shook his head.

"Nothing."

Your heart seemed to skip a beat or two after seeing him so happy.

Shaking away the thought, you instead faced forward and continued walking.

"Do you ever think we can go back to normal when this is all over?" He asked suddenly.

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the question.

"What do you mean by that?"

"After everything we have to see and do... do you ever think we can go back to how we used to be?"

After thinking about it you shook your head hesitantly.

"You're training yourself right now to breath differently than a normal person, we have high senses that could bother us in normal life, pure paranoia..." Your words faded when you realized how sad it sounded. "But at least it's good now. And even after the demons are gone we could always know how to protect ourselves."