Invasion : Part 7

[Fortress of Solitude : 17/02/2001]

The heroes passed through the huge golden steel gates with the symbol of the House of El, when they opened, a rumble echoed through the area and the group could see the immensity of the fortress. T'Challa, who had already visited the place before, was the first to enter the fortress, followed by Namor, Ororo and Pietro.

T'Challa noted the expressions of surprise and admiration on the others' faces. He himself had been impressed when he first visited the fortress. The entrance was as majestic as could be expected of a structure built by an individual from an advanced planet. The walls were made of crystal, allowing sunlight to shine through and illuminate the hallway. The architecture was elegant and functional, combining aesthetics and cutting-edge technology.

Namor looked around, his navy blue eyes widening at the grandeur. Ororo could feel a sense of tranquility and peace emanating from the place. Pietro, as usual, was impatient and couldn't stay still, pacing back and forth, curious about everything he saw.

T'Challa led the group down the main corridor, past control rooms, labs and a training room until they finally reached the main hangar where they found Kelex.

Kelex, the android responsible for looking after the fortress, was waiting for the group in the main hangar. His glowing eyes lit up when he saw T'Challa approaching, and he immediately walked over to greet them.

"Welcome to the Fortress of Solitude." Said Kelex in a smooth, robotic voice.

"It is an honour to meet such distinguished heroes." He finished.

Kelex is a Kryptonian Service Robot, owned by the House of El and originally tasked with monitoring a younger Jor-El. He was inherited by his son, Kal-El, and served as caretaker of his base, the Fortress of Solitude. Kelex was a robot whose torso was humanoid with two short mechanical arms and a rectangular head with a single golden visor with the blue El house symbol on the chest, with its legs being two gravitational gliders.

"Kelex, let's look into the situation." T'Challa told the robot.

"Yes please follow me." Kelex said as he floated towards a huge crystal table with holographic images showing different places on the globe.

"Currently alien invaders of a race called the Chitauri are spread across the globe, you all dealt with them before coming here but their attack has not ceased, SHIELD and the Terran forces are coping in the best way but calculations that their invaders will succeed in three hours." Kelex said as he fiddled with some crystal keys.

"Well what are we waiting for? let's get the hell out of this house of crystals and kick some ass!!" Pietro screamed punching his hand.

"It's not that simple boy." Namor said seriously.

"He's right, we need to deal with this efficiently, if we simply attack these foot soldiers we will only delay the inevitable." T'Challa said as he scanned the situation through the holographic screens.

"Do we have any information about the Chitauri race, Kelex?" T'Challa asked the Kryptonian service robot as he studied the holographic images on the crystal table.

"Yes, Your Highness. The Chitauri are a highly advanced alien species, specializing in warfare and planet conquest. They possess advanced technology and powerful military strength, and often attack planets in search of resources and power." Kelex replied in his smooth, robotic voice.

"Do they have any weaknesses or vulnerabilities we can exploit?" T'Challa asked hopefully.

"Yes, Your Highness, according to House El archives, the Chitauri mothership contains an energy matrix that keeps the other ships and armaments functioning. If the energy matrix is ​​destroyed or disabled, the Chitauri ships will lose their source. of energy and become inoperable." Kelex responded promptly.

"This is useful. Let's focus our efforts on finding and destroying the energy matrix of the Chitauri mothership. We need to be quick and accurate to prevent the invaders from succeeding in their mission." T'Challa declared, determined

[Chitauri Mothership, Above Earth]

The Chitauri mothership loomed in space like an enormous menace, a sinister, mechanical creature that moved with the efficiency of a war machine. Her hull was dark and shiny, with sharp, jagged lines that looked ready to skewer any ship that got too close. The mothership was a veritable floating city, with turrets and platforms running its length, each housing cannon and other types of weapons.

Inside, the mothership was even scarier. The air was cold and damp, with pale lights that flickered from time to time, giving everything an eerie tone. The walls were dark metal, with tubes and wires sticking out that seemed to wriggle like live snakes. Every room was occupied by a swarm of Chitauri, working frantically at their consoles and machines.

At the heart of the mothership was the energy matrix. It was a massive chamber, with wires and cables snaking in every direction, connecting it to every corner of the mothership. The matrix pulsed with a sickly green light, as if it were alive, and emitted a constant hum that filled the chamber.

Superman is suspended in mid-air by metal chains that attach to walls of synthetic flesh. The chains are heavy and resistant, designed to hold a being with great physical strength, such as Superman. Superman's hands and feet are trapped by these chains, preventing him from breaking free.

The area where he is trapped in is small and cramped, with little lighting other than pulsing red light. The atmosphere is suffocating and oppressive, with a feeling that something terrible could happen at any moment. The sound of whirring machinery can be heard in the background, giving the feeling that the Chitauri mothership is alive and in constant activity.

"I hope watching the last moments of your adopted world can brighten your day." The leader of that Chitauri group asked sarcastically.

He now wore more ceremonial clothes, the clothes were made of a thin metal more like razors but didn't hurt his reptilian gray flesh.

"You're overconfident, it never ends well for your type of villain in the end." Superman said smiling still confident.

"I can say the same, your faith in these backward beings is horribly pathetic." He said cocking his head.

"Mal'ach, khav'rim lama'amadekh, mehapikuda hagvoha... ze lakua'h shelanu." (Sir, message to you, from the high command... is our client.)

The leader tensed, but kept his composure and left the room where the Kryptonian was being held.

In another area, the Chitauri leader knelt before a monolith that began to melt and formed the image of a three-meter giant with a reptilian face but more humanoid than the Chitauri.

"Khala asha t'gaash na'stigara kruuk." (Report the progress of your quest, worm.)

The massive figure ordered, was Black Dwarf one of the greatest dangers in the universe and member of the Black Order.

To Be Continued....