Repercussion

[Earth]

[New York : 1993]

Two weeks had passed since Superman's appearance, soon it was all over the papers but what stood out the most was the Daily Bugle with a front page photo of Superman saving a green Chevrolet car from falling off the highway.

The iconic scene of a man holding the main symbol of American capital was how the report began, Jameson spared no effort to create a foundation in his story and everyone had to be on top of the situation.

"I want pictures of this flying man on my desk in thirty-seven minutes or heads will roll!"

Said the owner of the eccentric newspaper, was a Caucasian male just in his mid-thirties, wearing only a white dress shirt with a black tie, black hair and brown eyes and no iconic moustache. His longtime friend and older journalist Joseph "Robbie" Robertson, a black man wearing a blue suit and white dress shirt, just smiled at his friend's demeanor and soon went back to work.

Jameson was responsible for the theme "Superman Hero or Threat?" common among ordinary people, would a man with so much power really be good news? however, soon came more news of the hero's rescues and how he stopped members of the newest threat to the Inter gang.

The Inter gang were a group of criminals who carried out their robberies using technology too advanced for the time, they were gaining strength in recent times but their last robbery in Stark Industries or Oscorp's warehouse was stopped by Superman.

People soon began to think that maybe this flying man was not a threat but a gift and this feeling spread when news from other countries reported his Herculean feats. A new wave of fans of the new hero was emerging because since the end of the Second World War no hero had appeared to the general public and now they had a new symbol.

However, the world was not only made of good people and some groups did not look at the hero's good deeds but at his appearance, for some the simple fact that he was "black" and had all this power was revolting, but for a more select it wasn't the skin color they were concerned about but their genetics.

[Striker Purity Church]

In a richer part of the city there was a very beautiful large church, with many carvings and handmade furniture, the owner of this church was the Reverend William Striker, who at that moment was watching the news and saw Superman helping a stranded ship to return to the coast.

William Striker could be many things but a tolerant man that he was not and as soon as he saw the skills of the man in front of him he was seized by a previously dormant fury and with force he threw the remote at the television breaking the screen into several pieces.

'Damn freak! desecrated the Land of God with his filthy presence! , but soon you and all your race will succumb to the divine punishment that will be done through my hands.'

He finished that dark thought and soon he retired to carry out his chores and arriving in the area where his mass was held, a crowd of people was in front of him making him smile.

[Above AirportLas Vegas]

Up in the skies of one of the most famous cities in the United States, a large flying installation was imposing, this was the base of one of the most important organisations in the world, this was the Shield Airport.