Hunt : Part 4

The heroes and the two criminals were teleported to a massive underground base, the technology, in the base, was many times more advanced than anything they possessed on Earth.

"Fascinating technology, isn't it?" Count Nefaria said.

"Indeed, but why did you bring us here?" Superman asked the villain.

"Very simple Superman, a few years ago when you appeared, the world changed completely, Aliens and super beings were appearing all over the place, soon individuals like me and Ulysses here would be outdated." Nefaria said as he walked towards a huge machine.

"But then, Lord Stark here has proven that men can keep up with the Gods, and your nation's Vibranium King T'Challa will help us reach new heights." Nefaria said as they all saw a man trapped in a huge machine.

"What do you do with him?!" Superman asked angrily.

"The freak's name is Franklin Hall, a theoretical physicist, and the leader of SHIELD's super soldier project." Ulysses said with a smile.

The three heroes hid their feelings and just looked at the trapped man, he wore a blue suit with his hands and feet trapped in white metal spheres.

"Unfortunately it didn't end too well for him, but now he can control gravity itself, the US government named him Graviton, a fitting name indeed." Nefaria said.

"And what do you intend to do with it ?" T'Challa asked with anger in his voice.

Nefaria smiled grimly before answering T'Challa.

"We will use your powers to create a new world order, one where the superpowers rule and the weak bow before us," he said, as he looked down on the heroes with scorn.

"You are fools to think you can stop this. With the power of Graviton and Vibranium, we will be unstoppable", added Ulysses.

The heroes exchanged worried glances. They knew they couldn't allow that to happen, but they were in an unknown base, facing powerful and unknown enemies.

Superman looked at Nefaria and said with determination, "We will never let you do this. We will fight to the end to prevent this from happening."

The other heroes nodded, ready to fight. But before they could do anything, a rumbling sound filled the room and the lights flickered.

When the lights came back, the heroes were alone. Graviton and his captors had disappeared, leaving behind only the empty base.

"What happened ?" T'Challa asked, perplexed.

"I don't know, but we have to find out. And fast", answered Superman, as they prepared to leave the base and face the unknown.

But they found nothing but an empty island.

"Curse!!" T'Challa yelled slamming his fist on the floor.

"Don't worry man, we'll find them again." Tony said, even though he wasn't very confident about it.

"They revealed their plans only to distract us, I can't imagine the damage those two will do." Superman said worriedly.

In the end the heroes parted ways, but both said they would stay in touch, T'Challa particularly said he would stay in touch with Superman.

[Fortress of Solitude, North Pole]

POV : Superman

It's been six weeks since, T'Challa, I and Tony cleared the trafficking networks of those weapons but we haven't found those two anymore.

Nefaria has a huge conceit and will undoubtedly come back from the dark, soon we will have to deal with him. But looking back now he was right, in recent years I've dealt with many villains but also many new heroes have emerged.

Xavier's students formed a small group and were now doing small humanitarian missions and rescuing other Metahumans.

But something has been bothering my mind, I feel that something is coming and that maybe my strength alone won't be enough to handle it, maybe it was that feeling that made Black Panther so paranoid.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SUPERMAN WILL RETURN IN JUSTICE LEAGUE.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. I hope that you liked the chapter.

Please give your comments and if you want then votes too so that it can give me motivation to update the story.