Chapter 94: Training

POV: First person, Y/n

"Y/n,"

I hummed and turned to the person, who spoke to me as I was making a basket. At first I thought it was Neteyam right in front of me, but it was actually his mother.

"Oh... Neytiri," my voice was slow, feeling the awkward tension, "if this is about what Neteyam and I did, you don't have to worry I didn't get-,"

"I was aware, Neteyam told me," she nodded and I nodded back, "Are you alright," she asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," I smiled at her, she came closer to sit with me.

She sighed, "I'm very sorry from what I said a few days ago. I was not in the right place," she shook her head, "I just... didn't want to lose my family,"

"It's okay... that's what a mother does. Protect their childern," I continued to make my basket, which was difficult for that I don't know how to make one.

Neytiri chuckled and took the ugly looking basket away from my hands and taught me a better way.

Our conversation was neutral, very pleasing. I hope this relationship stays one for eternal.

———{                                     }———

"Woah- woah woah, hey hey no," Neteyam took the spear away from me.

I glared at him. It has already been I few days since that interesting moment, which meant that I feel much better and must get back into training for war.

"Neteyam," I sighed and groaned, "I'm perfectly fine. I don't know what's gotten if you," I scold him.

He shivered at my stared a bit, "But are you- are you tired,"

I shook my head, "No. Now give me the spear," I opened my hand out.

"No, I don't want you getting hurt," he shook his head, clutching the spear, "again,"

I buffed, "How did spears have anything to do with this,"

"It's a weapon,"

"I have a dagger," I pulled it out, "this is a weapon too," He snatched that too.

Lo'ak butted in, "If you guys want to mate again, just say it," everyone stared at his direction, "What? I mean- look at them,"

Aonung and Rotxo laughed, "Neteyam. I think she'll alright, she's independent," Rotxo reassured Neteyam.

I turned to look back at him, "See look. Could you be like him for a bit,"

Neteyam pouted, "Even though we don't know if we are going to have war again. We have lots of time,"

"That's the point, Neteyam," I nodded, "We have lots of time," I roughly took the spear back.

I smirked, "Come on, Mighty Warrior. Are you willing to duel your mate?"

He sighed, "alright, but I won't go so easy on you," he smirked.

"Oh my god. Kiri let's bet," Lo'ak shook Kiri.

She giggled, "Gladly,"

———{                                     }———

Neteyam fell, hitting the sand floor. He breathes heavily.

"Looks like your doing chores for a few," Kiri chuckled and walked up to me, "I thank you for using you as bet,"

"Uh your welcome, I guess," I turned to look back at Neteyam, "you need help, Neteyam," I asked with a little laugh.

He shook his head, signaling a no, still out of breathe after being defeated countless times by his mate.

Now how was he supposed to defend his people and mate, while she could defend an entire clan.

"I think that enough for today," Aonung announced, "go spend your usual time. I can't stay longer, father has instructed for me on something," he nodded towards Tsireya.

"So... more training," I smiled at Neteyam as he got up to see me still having energy left in me.

He smiled at me, "I think I might just have war with you, my gem,"

I chuckled, "So be it, my mighty warrior. Let's see how long your legs can actually hold," I smirked.

(My back hurts real bad 🥲)