Chapter 10: You're too kind really

POV: First person, Neteyam

I have not seen Y/n on the sand bar for the pass few days. Maybe it was because she felt comfortable with her coat on.

I felt quite annoyed but extremely disappointed when she hurried away that afternoon when some boys picked on her.

Girl, I was just trying to help you and be a man or some shit.

I was just trying to help her, to maybe gain trust. So she can talk more about the gemstone. Cause I know she has something to do it.

It was the morning and I soon came up with an idea.

"Mother have you seen my coat, the one I had when we first arrived here," I asked my mother.

"Hmm.. Oh I do have it with me somewhere," she looked through her belongings.

After a few minutes of rummaging, she found my coat when we first came here.

My face lit up when I saw it. I tried taking it from my mother's hands, but she was quicker.

"Why do you need it," she questioned while raising the hand that had my coat higher.

"Oh my Eywa, it's for Y/n isn't it," Lo'ak laughed and nudge Kiri's shoulder, she giggled as well.

"Oooo," Tuk started making kissing noises. My siblings began to laugh at one of the other.

"I-," I paused and sigh, "Yes it's Y/n... remember what I told you and dad what I did a few days ago," I put my gaze on my mom's.

She hummed. "Well, those boys ripped her coat and I wanted her to feel comfortable here. She reminds me of Lo'ak and Kiri, someone with 4 fingers," I explained and blushed, now avoiding eye contact with her.

"Aww my son," she put a huge grin on her, "what a gentleman you are," she handed me my coat and I accepted it.

I smiled, knowing she understand what I was trying to do.

I hurried when to my grandmother's hut were Y/n also stays.

But to no dismay, only Mo'at was there. I raised a nonexistent brow, "Grandmother... where's Y/n," I looked around the hut in hope of finding her.

"I told her to go out a bit, her sitting around here won't do much for her," she said and look at my coat cradled in my arms, "well aren't you trying to be a gentleman," Grandmother laughed a bit.

I joined her laugh, "Do you now where she would have gone," I asked.

"The sand bar of course, it quiet for her there," she answered.

I nodded and smiled, "Thank you," I yelled as ran towards the sand bar.

I when to the sand bar, but could not find her. I look around, until I decided to climb a tree to find her.

Looking around the ground but still couldn't find her, until I actually her sleeping on a tree.

I lightly jumped to her side, so she wouldn't hear me. She look peaceful, of course this place is quiet. Look at her she felt asleep.

She shivered a bit so I took my coat and placed it on her frame. Now she is quite warm.

I hope this helps you a bit, cutie

I grinned, proud of the work I've done and quietly left for her to continue her sleep.

———{ }———

POV: First person, Y/n

I woke up with the sun reflecting on my face. That hurts my eyes.

I felt a cloth on me, it was a coat. My face lit up but became confused right after.

Who left this there for me?

I looked around but there's no one. The coat was lot shorter. Only to cover your shoulders to thighs. Mine could cover all the way to my ankle.

I put it on, it did made me feel more comfortable. This warmed my heart very much. I could help hug the coat along with me.

I went back to my hut with a happy phase behind my mask.

"Lady Mo'at look someone gave me this decent coat," I jump a bit due to my excitement.

She giggled, "My, my, Neteyam is such a wonderful boy," she muttered.

I heard this and said, "Neteyam?"

"Oh," she laughed again, "I guess he gave it to you without you knowing," she turned to me.

I looked down at the coat.

Neteyam gave me this? I thought he would be annoyed by my sudden slap towards him.... Neteyam, you are really too kind for this cruel world.