Chapter 3: Lost earring

POV: Third person, Y/n

The girl slowly opened her eyes, hearing the sounds of creatures chirping. She groaned and close her eyes to go back to sleep.

A ikran nudged her by its head, trying to wake her up, to start the morning.  The woodsprites also trying to get her up.

"No...," she groaned again. "It's too early right now, Meh'ki." She softly push him away.

Y/n one of your earrings are gone. - Meh'ki

Y/n shot up from her laying position and checked her earrings. Yes, one was missing. The woodsprites began to follow her as she stood up.

She began to panic, frantically looking around the cave she called home.

"You're right, Meh'ki, it isn't here," Y/n said as she continued to look around.

She then took off her only earring, the lilac gem glowed. Holding it, she sense it's energy. Following the energy can lead to where it was.

Y/n packed her stuff, bow and arrows, small guns she ambushed from military avatars, food and other supplies. Wore a mask and took a coat to cover her body.

The earrings are something precious to Y/n. But she doesn't know why it's precious to herself. All she knew, was that she needed to look for it.

She placed her one earring inside a small leather bag.

Meh'ki was about the come along, until Y/n stopped him, "Ah, no it's for your own safety, Meh'ki. That goes for you guys too." She pointed her index finger to him and the woodsprites.

"Bye, bye now," she smiled and waved.

———{                                     }———

The journey wasn't that bad at first, but as hours came and was already in the forest, she began to question how far her other earring went.

"This is torture," she looked down on the floor with a straight face. Meh'ki must be worried by now, good thing he listens very well. Damn that ikran child can be a handful.

Just in another few hours walking and running in the forest she became quite exhausted. She met a spirit tree. The tree's light purple wood was like Y/n's but glowed more. 

She stared at the spirit tree for a while, until she heard foot steps. With panic she climbed and hid in the trees.

There were many forest dwellers, the Omaticaya tree clan. It seems like they were holding a ceremony. Y/n leaned closer to see.

An old female Na'vi began to pray. During the lady's praying, she mentioned the word Neteyam.

And then it clicked in Y/n's head. Her eyes widened. He's alive? They're alive? As she was about the lean closer she o see, she fell onto the hard grass.

"Ack," Y/n cried out loud. Everyone turned and gasped at the sight of seeing an unusual Na'vi. She quickly got up, dusted herself off.

"I-," she was interrupted by someone, who stood tall and mighty, might be the chief, "And who would you be," the forest Na'vi asked.

"M-me I, so sorry I'll leave," Y/n stood there for a bit and then quickly ran.

"Get them now," the Chief demanded. Other Na'vis began to run after her, with bow and arrows, huge guns and more.

Y/n looked back and panic, suddenly she tripped, hitting the floor real hard. Then the next thing, everything was black.

———{                                     }———

She slowly opened her eyes waking up in a hut. Y/n's head was ringing badly. She groaned as she tried to sit up. But couldn't due to the pain in her head. So she fell back on to her laying position.

This was heard by someone. The old female Na'vi who was praying to the spirit tree. "Rest child, you shouldn't have gotten up so quickly."

"I-I'm very sorry ruining your ceremony, p-please let me go. I have to be somewhere quickly," I looked at her with a worried expression.

"You fell painfully on to the ground, dear. I'm Mo'at, the Omatikaya clan's spiritual leader," she continued, "you may go after you recover."

I nodded in defeat. Looks like I'll be stuck here for a while.

"My name is Y/n by the way," I said as a laid back down. She nodded in reply.

———{                                     }———

After I recovered for the pass few days, I noticed that I am far off from my home and don't know my way back.

Oh this is great. So great

I wandered off as I usually do now. The forest people, this clan live on a floating cave because their original home was destroyed.

Mo'at has allowed me to stay here with open arms. She did not see me as a threat, which I find odd as someone who is different. And the villagers are extremely nice. That's probably because the previous chief was a avatar, a five fingers guy.

As I walk around the place, some people start at me, because I choose to wear a mask and coat in front off them. Some make odd gestures with their hands. Like place it towards your head,
and to do something that I really don't know. I also only speak to Mo'at because she is one of my saviors. I feel comfortable with her.

"What's up New guy," Spider popped up from my right to speak to me.

I turned my head and just waved with my hands.

Spider was said that he was kidnapped by Avatars. By is now back here safe.

He a human. They're so weird looking. Are all humans is disturbing to look at? Wait, so judging Y/n. Your the one with the cover up.

I speed walked cause I didn't want to talk to him. He seems like a good kid, but makes bad choices, when I look at him.

"H-hey, I just wanted to say you look badass...," his voice grows lower and lower by seconds as I leave.

———{                                     }———

"Mo'at," Y/n took a deep breathe, "when you were praying to the spirit tree, I heard you say Neteyam..." she exhaled again, "i heard that name in my childhood, who is he?"

Mo'at hummed as she continued to smash herbs, "that's right, he is my eldest grandson. I've heard the news he had died 2 months ago. Just a few days ago, I heard from my daughter, that he is alive... Norm said it has something to do with a lilac gemstone, when Neteyam had it with him," she turned to Y/n and smiled.

This Neteyam has my other earring!

"I'd say that gemstone, is from Eywa herself, a true miracle from her," she said as her eyes softened, she stood up and wiped her hands together.

"Oh.. I see now," Y/n was about to turn to leave until Mo'at spoke again.

"You have you decided, dear," Mo'at asked.

"On what," Y/n questioned as she turned back to the tsahík.

"Staying, you seem to not know your way back home," the spirit leader answered.

This Neteyam is the grandson of hers. Best choice is to stay to find out more about my earring.

"I think... I'll stay," Y/n smiled. "I lived alone thinking that my fingers makes me the alien, but here I feel welcomed."