Chapter 73: Underwater kiss

POV: First person, Neteyam

(Still using sign language)

Hey, Y/n followed me -I signed Y/n to follow. We swam further away from the group, I just wanted to be alone with her again.

I can trust my baby bro and Tsireya to watch the others. I stopped and turned to Y/n.

She cocked her head with confusion in her eyes.

What's wrong -Y/n

I signed nothing and smirked, then lightly pushed Y/n, swimming further away from her.

You're it! -Me

Her face was surprised at first but then she smirked and swam fast to catch me. I'd forgotten that she can swim fast. So I tried my best to swim faster.

But soon, she was already above me. I turned my body, facing her, swimming underneath her.

She swam closer to me and placed both of her hands on my cheek. Forgetting that we were playing a game of tag.

Her lips were brought to mine. Our first kiss underwater. I could taste salt water with her too.

Y/n suddenly broke the kiss, making my lips feel cold. 'You're it now' she motioned with her lips, instead of sign language.

She quickly swam away from me.

Oh, what a good way of distraction...

I chuckled underwater. She was already gone and I couldn't find her.

Are we playing hide and seek now?

I swam to the surface to catch my breath and then head back underwater.

Search around, but I still couldn't find her. God, she's good at hiding.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. And there she was, right in front of me. She waved but quickly swam away. I chase after her, but... I lost her again?!

I felt another tap and turned in that direction, but no one was there. I swam around for a bit, but being stubborn, I still looked for her.

I felt someone grab hold of my tail, making me whimper underwater. I turned to see, Y/n laughing out bubbles of air.

While she was laughing, I quickly swam to her, hugging her tight. She tried to hold away, but I held her by the waist keeping her from going.

I smirked and kissed her lips, nose, cheeks, and forehead. I brought us to the surface.

Taking our breaths of air, "you're it... again," I smirked and chuckled.

"Oh really," she smirked back, massaging my shoulders.

I hummed, "Yes... yes you are," giving her a big sloppy smooch on the lips. She giggled in between. We paused and stared into each other's eyes.

Y/n suddenly kissed my lips and said, "you're it... Again," she smirked and swam away.

"You-," I grinned and sighed, "I'm gonna get you," I dove underwater.

———{                                     }———

We sat on the ocean trees, watching the people fish, play, hunt, and do more of everyday life.

I watch as Y/n watches the people. Her hair was still wet but glistened due to the sun. The water drops on her make it look like shining crystals.

"How are you feeling, my gem," I flipped her hair behind her ear.

"Hmm?" She looked at me, with a blank stare, "oh yeah... I'm fine," she nodded and looked back at the people.

I frowned, "hey," I touched her chin and brought her to look straight at me, "How are you feeling," with a serious tone.

She furrow her eyebrows, "I'm still thinking of when I can tell you and also how," she explained, bringing her head down.

"Can you look at me," I asked, bringing back her face to look at me, "I've thought about it too... don't worry about it anymore, okay? Just think about the present, and future, not the past,"

"Right...," she avoided eye contact, "You should go back to your siblings," changing the topic.

I just stared at her, lovingly, "and I know that they are fine,"

"Did you have breakfast," she asked.

"Yeah," I said calmly.

She hummed, "did you," I asked back, but then I knew, "wait you didn't because Lo'ak woke you," I sighed, "come, let's get you breakfast," I stood up.

"Mmm... I'm not very hungry though,"

"That means you will get extra hungry later. Now, come on or I'll carry you there,"

"Well then," she smirked, "Carry me," she brought her hands out for me.

I chuckled, "get on my back," she hopped on.

"On fourth! My might warrior," she pointed.

(That was kinda cringed Y/n 😅

Anyways I'm surprised to see that 3% of my reader are male, and 2% of my readers... are over 45 years old. Well isn't that just crazy)