Chapter 37: Stay with me

POV: First person, Neteyam

I wait... and wait...

Gahh what's taking them so long? I should go.. b-but it was dad's orders. Damn it!

Soon I heard running, I held my bow and arrow closed to me, ready to strike whoever was there. Then my father came, cradling someone who is so dear to me.

"Y/n," I cried out, "dad what happened," I asked running up to her, checking if she's still breathing. Good she is.

Meh'ki roared at seeing his best friend hurt.

"Recoms. Come on, we're going home, our homeland," my dad got up to his Ikran, "Your grandmother can save her,"

"Shit there isn't enough room for all of us," Father face angered, Meh'ki roared louder. Trying to get ready to fly to save Y/n.

Meh'ki's eyes came to mine, they were telling me something. He was determined into trying to fly.

"Okay, but hurry more will come for us," I shouted and got on Meh'ki's back. I thought of connecting our queues but Meh'ki refused me to.

"Please try to fly then," I encourage him.

Come on come on

In seconds, Meh'ki flew and so did Bob. I was happy what Meh'ki was able to fly, but my mind trail back to Y/n, she was still awake, I can tell. But was quiet and would sometimes groan in pain. Tears came and I wished to embrace her, saying that I'm here, stay with me, I'm not going anywhere, I love you so much. I wanted to say so many things to her, we haven't even mated yet. Nor, do I know if she loves me the same for her.

"Don't worry, it didn't got through, I place some bandages on her," my father reassured me, "but she lost a lot of blood,"

"O- okay," I quivered, trying to stop crying right next to my father. To not make myself feel weak in front of him.

———{                                     }———

We soon arrived at the cave system, which was once my home.

"Mo'at," dad yelled to find her as we passed a crowd of people, who were curious or horrified seeing injured Y/n.

"Grandmother," I shouted as well. I was desperate, only wanting Y/n to recover and see me again.

"Why are you here," Grandmother asked, concerned as to why are we here.

"Y/n she was shot," I spoke, "please help her," I begged and started to cry again.

She nodded and we took Y/n into  Mo'at's tent.

"Y/n, please stay with me," I whispered to her. Holding her hand.

"Neteyam... can I rest my eyes for a bit," she asked, her eyes slowly closing.