Chapter 28: Let's Fish! Part 2

POV: First person, Neteyam

I ran as my feet could go. But as I look back, she was already catching up.

This?! Aw man why can't I be the better one today.

I quickly growled with trying to run faster. But I heard a giggle behind, which caught me off guard.

"See you at the river, Neteyam," she shouted a loud laugh.

I clicked my tongue.

Oh I'll beat you in our next round for sure.

———{ }———

"You made it," she smiled with Meh'ki by her side. I was panting heavily, this made both Meh'ki and Y/n giggle. Although Meh'ki can't speak like Na'vi, it could tell he was laughing from the inside.

"How-," I gasped, "how are you so fast," I asked as I gulped my water from my water pouch, that it receive from Y/n.

"Through daily training," she simply says.

Whatever she says are always straightforward.

"We'll look here we are," she tuned to the river ahead of us. There was a hinge waterfall, with trees and vines hanging around. And there where a ton of fish. Along the ends of the river, where small rocks.

Whenever I have time to, I collect things from new things places, like this river. Especially rocks, for my jewelry I make... well not necessarily, I do still ask for my mother's help. Like the time when I asked her to input the gemstone to my neck piece.

"Time to go fis-," she was about to step into the water, until I interrupted her.

"One moment please," I quickly walked to the small rock along the river.

Knowing that her favorite color is (f/c) I should be able to find one like that color.

"What are you doing," she asked as she walk along with me to the small rocks.

I didn't answer for that I was too focus on finding the right color, "aha found it, just the right color," I put inside my bag, and turned to her, "come on let's fish for our breakfast," I smiled at her and pulled her hand to mine.

She grumbled and shrugged off what I was doing.

"So," she spoked, "how well do you catch fish with arrows," she asked.

"I think I do very well, indeed," I grinned at her, "my dad taught me how to fish when I was little... one of my best moments with him," I looked down at the river.

She hummed, "well then, this won't be a problem," she took of the bow from her back, "Go on," she handed me the bow and arrow. I hesitated but accepted it.

She gave me a smirk, when I took the bow and arrow of her hands, "why are you giving me that smirk," I chuckled.

"This is how I normally smile," she continued to smirk.

I shook my head out of amusement and chuckled again. I turned to the river and the fishes swim by. I held the bow and arrow steadily. I was going to go for it but, felt very nervous all of the sudden. That's when I knew, it hit me. A pair mischievous eyes pinned at me.

God.. she knows what she's doing to me... and I'm not letting it happen this time.

"Hurry, we don't have all day, Meh'ki eats a lot you know," she crept up from behind. Her voice was quite close to my ear. Which shiver my spine, and made me let go of the arrow, killing a fish.

"Hey, hey. Nice catch," she patted my shoulder. I just stood there, giving her a embarrassed look. Y/n pick up the dead fish and handed it to me.

"My turn," she turned to get a huge basket. She then river into the river.

"Y/n! What- what are you doing, you'll scare the-," I stopped yelling, as fish were thrown into the hug basket.

Is she always this powerful?

I was astonished by her way of fishing. The fish must not be scare of her for that she is quick to catch them in time.

In just a seconds she got out of the water, "now let's cook breakfast shall we," she nudged my shoulder and started to walk back home.