Chapter 11: You need it more than me. Besides...

POV: First person, Y/n

At night I decided stay outside a bit because this coat was keeping me comfortable.

I was sitting on the same pot in the rope walkway, until someone approached behind me, "Hi," said the voice.

I turned to see Neteyam, my body tensed a bit. He gave an 'I see you' gestures to me. I did the same but hesitantly because I don't do that gesture as much.

He laughed at this and sat down with me soaking his feet into the water.

"Would you like me to teach you," he gave his hand signaling me to give him mine.

I accepted it without hesitation this time. He smiled at this.

"Sense you have another finger, it's best that you bring the middle three up a bit," he moved my fingers gently.

His finger are quite rough, that's probably because he a warrior.

"Here I'll do it but with my fingers," he did the 'I see you' sign again and I did the same.

"Hey, you did it," he happily laugh and raised his hand.

I cocked my head, confused what he was trying to do.

"Oh here, give me your hand again," he said and I gave it to him again.

He took it and claps his hands on my mine, "This is called a high five," he smiled at me.

He did not let go of my hand though and intertwined our hands. He then brought my hand closer to his face. I could feel his breath against my skin.

"You have beautiful hands, don't think about what they say, okay," he look at me with a genuine look of care.

"Thank you," I said, "For the sign language help, the compliment and...," I paused, "and the coat,"

His eyes widen at my sudden words, he moved his head down a bit. Some strands of his braided hair fell.

I moved my hand to his left out braided hair and flipped it behind his ear. It had gotten red when I gently touch it.

He stopped my hand from going any further and held it. Now my hand was on his cheek while he has his hand over mine.

He giggled and sighed, "Did my grandma told you," he asked.

I nodded, "You know I don't exactly need your coat. What about you? I can live with-," he interrupted me.

"You need it more than me. I can tell. Besides... you look adorable with mine on," he grinned and look at my gaze.

I rub his cheek a bit and he brought my hand closer to his lip. He closed his eyes and kissed my palm multiple times. His tail whooshed happily as he did.

"That tickles a bit," I said, my face felt hot. He did not stop and started to kiss my fingers.

"Neteyam," I whispered. He stopped and looked up at me. I smiled, "Close your eyes for me, will you?"

He did what he was told. Covered them just in case he peeks.

"Wait, why you do have to cover them, when I already have my eyes closed," he grinned and blushed.

"I have a feeling you might peek," I said.

I took off my mask with my other hand. In just a few moments, I kissed the cheek that I slapped and patted from the past days.

I quickly put my mask on afterwards, let go of my hand from Neteyam's eyes.

I got up and turned to him, "Sweet dreams, Neteyam," he turned to look up at my gaze and gave a surprised look. His face was flustered.

"Sweet crea- I-I mean dreams, Sweet dreams, Y/n," he got up and started running away.

I'm such a tease.