Chapter 77: I love you

POV: First person, Y/n

As I was packing everything into my bags, I cried my eyes out.

I could understand Neytiri's anger... but I didn't know she would order me to leave.

I sighed and sniffed, "at least she didn't kill me," I tried to make a joke for myself, trying to make myself feel better. But it wasn't working.

"Y/n...," Said someone, who made my heart stop for a second, I turned to look at him, with my watery eyes.

Neteyam's eyes were puffy, but he stopped crying. He was breathing heavily, from running.

"You should go back home... you shouldn't be here," my voice quivered as I struggle to speak. Continuing to pack my stuff quickly.

But Neteyam came to stop me, "No- no no... please don't leave," he took my hands, stopping me from packing, "don't go- I don't care what my mother says- my- my father will try to convince her, okay? Please don't leave me...,"

I started to pant, "this is for your own safety... she's right- just go now- leave me alone," I roughly shook his hands off mine and continued to pack.

He had enough, took my bag, and threw it across my reach, "Neteyam," I shouted at him.

He turned, walked to me, giving me a hug that I couldn't get out of, "S- stop this Neteyam! I have to go... it's for your own safety! Neteyam..," I struggle to get out of his grasp. But he was strong this time for I was weak and crying.

"Neteyam! Let me go, please Neteyam! I can't stay here any longer! Your mother will be more furious than before," I shouted trying to push him away.

During my screaming, he did not say a word. He just wanted to hold me, feel me under his skin.

I stopped shouting and continued to lightly push him away, "Neteyam... I am a traitor to your mother... I really should go," I cried.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear.

I sobbed, "Neteyam... didn't you hear me the first time... I am a traitor... just nobody," I snuggle myself on his chest, giving up on pushing myself away.

"I love you," he said again, "I love you, Y/n," he held me tighter than before, not wanting me to go.

"You can't trust me! You can't," I wrapped my arms around his back.

"I love you... so much," he kissed my forehead.

"Everyone will hate me if I stay here longer..," I said.

"I love you," he snuggled himself on my shoulder.

"S- stop saying that... you can't love me anymore... You'll have to find someone else... for your own safety,"

"I love you, my gem... please... don't go," his legs gave up and we were now sitting on the floor, "I love you,"

"...," I said nothing, knowing that he will keep saying that if I degrade myself furthermore.

"I see you... I will make my mother see you too... please Y/n... I love you,"

"Stop.. saying that... loving me won't do anything to fix this mess,"

"I don't care... I love you,"

"I'm sorry... I- I don't-," he stopped me from talking, "Mmhp-," he quickly planted his lips on mine. The kiss was for a second until he spoke again.

"Please stop apologizing or I'll kiss you again," he strokes my hair, "don't go,"

"Stay here... I'll try to convince my mother," his grasp loosens, "I love you, Y/n," he looks me in the eye, holding my cheeks with his hands.

I looked down, but he lifted my head back up, "Say it back...," he pleased me.

"I love you too, my mighty... warrior," I gulped and smiled.

———{                                     }———

POV: First person, Neytiri

"I love you too, my mighty... warrior," I heard Y/n muffle. Their conversation was a broken and sorrowful one. I snuck around to hear their conversation. I told my husband that I'll take care of it.

I sighed and placed a hand on my forehead.

I feel like a terrible mother... but this is to protect my family. I'm sorry Y/n... I hope my family will help me change my mind about her...

(😐...)