Chapter 47: This is enough for me

POV: First person, Y/n

Tears poured out of Spider's human eyes, "You- you would really do that for me," he sniffed.

"Yes, you want family Spider- no you need family," I corrected myself.

He got up and hugged me, "Thank you," I hugged back and rubbed his back.

"To me, saving Quaritch wasn't your fault. We can only blame the greediness in society," I tried calming him down but couldn't. He kept crying and crying until no more could spill.

———{                                     }———

"How is Neteyam, Mo'at," I asked her, while she checked me.

"He's sleeping, but other than that not doing so well. Not eating or going walks like he usually does," Mo'at replied and smiled, "I hope that you can help recover my grandson, Y/n,"

I smirked and scoffed, "Oh I know how I'm sure,"

She laughed at this, "I have a grave feeling that you will faint again so watch yourself, or I'll asked Neteyam to keep an eye on you. Haha he will absolutely agree to the task,"

I hummed and brought my head down. Mo'at noticed this and lifted my chin to look at me.

"What's wrong dear," she turned her head.

"Nothing... I'm fine," I weakly grinned at her.

"Hmm you're hiding something," she pointed a finger at me and clicked her tongue, "but I'll let it slide,"

I laughed nervously, "please do,"

———{                                     }———

POV: First person, Neteyam

The day before...

"Please dad... Please can we day here for another day," I begged to my father as I cry.

He sighed, "Neteyam," he scrunched his eyebrows, "the longer we stay the more our family is worried,"

"Look I care for my family," I gulped, "but my love for Y/n, worries me," tears streaming.

My father's eyes widen but he soon calmed down, "so you love her," he raised a brow and smirked.

"Yes sir," I nodded. He ruffled my hair and chuckling a bit.

"Okay," he said, "but only one more day,"

I grinned from ear to ear, "Thank you father,"

———{                                     }———

Right after hearing Spider and dad's conversation, I went back to sleep, to clear my head again.

I was wakened up by some whispers, "I'll be going now, call me if you need anything," said one voice.

"Okay," said another but calming and soothing,

I fluttered my eyes open, sitting next to me was a seemingly weak Y/n.

"Y/n," I softly said and got up. I hugged her gently. She laughed at how gentle I want to be, because of her fainting.

As I hugged her I began to cry again, "I missed you, Y/n... I'm sorry it was my fault... my fault," I tried not to cry, but it felt like needles on my throat as I try holding.

"It's not your fault... there's a reason why but.. I can't tell you," she rubbed my back.

I brought myself back a bit and cupped her soft cheeks.

"You don't have to tell me... just seeing you with me is enough," I paused and hesitated, "can I kiss you," I asked.

"Gladly," she responded. I kiss her softly. I wanted thing to go further, but for her safety I should not. But this is enough for me.

Kissing her. Hugging her. Loving her. Comforting her. Being with her, is enough for me.

This is enough for me.