Chapter 29: Paint part 1

POV: First person, Neteyam

We cooked or I mean Y/n cooked our breakfast. She insisted that she can do it alone. Well she wasn't alone, had the help of Meh'ki by blowing on a fire torch to cook the fish fast.

Gahh... I really need to do something around and not feel like a burden.

I munch on my breakfast, "so what when do you think we should be like... searching my first clan or- or the Metkayina," I glanced at her.

"Hmm," she hummed, "I think around tomorrow morning," she got up as she was.. done from eating?!

Girl you ate for 10 seconds and I already took my first bite

"We might as well stay here for the time being," she walked off to the exit of the crystal cave.

I sighed, "where are you go now," I caught her hand from behind, she slightly jolted, "sorry," I said and look down a bit.

"I'm going to pick different colored fruits," she smiled at me and held my hand tighter, "and you will stay here," she pointed a finger at me and poked the tip of my nose.

I blushed, "why have me stay here, I'm- I'm reliable," I put my other hand on my chest.

"I know," she said, "but... you are very precious to..," she trail off.

Me?

"To whom," I looked at her eager to hear her finish her sentence.

"To people," she let go of my hand and put her hand on her hips.

I saw her ears give off a slight tinted pink color.

She hummed, "I'm off, spent time with Meh'ki for me, will ya," she ran off to pick fruit for something.

I turned to look at Meh'ki, he was giving that laughing look in his eyes. I blushed until my insides felt funny, "Gah?! Stop looking at me like that Meh'ki," I yelled across from him. He continued his to give me to same look.

———{ }———

An hour passed by and she came back unharmed. I quickly ran to het and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Y/n it's been an hour, what took you so long," I scolded at her as she held a basket full of different colored fruits.

She looked down at my hand, that had the cut from last night, "oh I forgot to ask how is your wound," she asked

I let out a loud sigh, "Stop worrying about me, and let me worry about you Y/n," I shook her shoulders a bit.

"Gosh, you are quite like my brother," I scratch my forehead. She gawked at my comment, "Well at least I don't cause much trouble unlike him," she huffed and place the fruits on the floor. Grabbed a bow and grinder and started to smash the fruit skin with water.

"What are you making fruit juice," I asked and crossed my arms.

"Uh no," She turned to me, "this is paint. We will be staying here for the rest of the day until we go tomorrow," she continued to smash the fruit skin.

"Then make paint for what," my tone changed annoyed.

"We will be bored.. or more so me. I don't hunt or kill much," she got another bowl and cut put an different color fruit skin, "I'm a artist... also Meh'ki wants me to paint his claws too," she giggled.

———{ }———

"All done!" She sighed with relief, "okay Meh'ki place your wings on this rock," she picked up a huge rock. She struggled a bit.

"Uh do you need help," I raised my arms and hesitated knowing she might not want my help.

"Nope I'm good,"

"Of.. course," I let my hands down in disappointment.

"But hey get those brushes in back, you can do that right," she placed the rock down and rested Meh'ki's wings there.

"Okay," I smiled from ear to ear and happily hurried to get what she needed.

(Anyways... look what I got y'all 🤭🤭😏🥹💖)

 look what I got y'all 🤭🤭😏🥹💖)

It's Neteyam guys