32||Haki and First Mission

"Feel the earth beneath your feet, the air surrounding your environment. The river running beside you. Envision it. Feel it." Kishi's voice cut through any other thoughts (Name) had as he shut his eyes and tried to focus.

This was the 19th day they were training in observation, and so far, there haven't been any improvements. Like——none at all.

His hair had grown longer in the time he had arrived nearly two months ago, but he was denied a haircut or even a trim because of training. After training was finished, it was already evening, so the barbershops were closed. He didn't trust himself enough to cut his own hair, so he just let it grow out.(if your character already has long hair, ignore this.)

"Breathe in the air. It's the same air your opponent is encapsulated in. Imagine a color. Any color."

He chuckled to himself before clearing his throat when he felt a sharp glare directed at him. "Uh, grey?"

"Now, imagine me, your opponent, encased in a grey outline framing my silhouette. Breathe. Relax. Don't try and predict, just let your body move. Instinct. Breathe, relax, dodge, attack. Act accordingly to what you feel." She accentuated any words relating to instinct. That's what observation haki was all about, after all. "Don't force it. Let it come to you. Imagine water all around you like a tranquil lake, small stones in the lake as the organisms around you."

(Name) was always told to 'feel' or 'anticipate' what his opponent is doing. At this point, he was beginning to believe it was all bogus. Even his awakened armament took only two weeks to manifest, and honestly, he just felt constipated as he forced his will to cover his fans. It felt like he was trying to take a shit through his hands and transfer it to his weapons.

First awakened armament haki reminded him of Naruto's training for the rasengan. Bro had to write a dot on his palm and try to focus his constipated will power into it. Armamaent haki training is no joke. That experience was weird as hell for him.

Shaking his head to rid his unnecessary thought, he breathed in deeply and tried to focus.

The river rushing against the rocks on the riverbed.

The grass underneath his bare feet and poking in between his toes.

The smell of the forest greenery around him as the leaves rustled in the wind.

The slight breeze blowing into his nostrils and ears in a quiet buzz.

He imagined the grey background, his mentor a colored outline as everything was blocked out.

He'd done this numerous times before, and this time he knew it would be the same results. And yet, deep down he yearned for it to be different, for something to magically make him aware of his surroundings. The desperation of the desire to succeed burned through his veins like an angry torrent as he tried to search for a way to click with his surroundings.

He wanted to know what it was like. To know the world beyond sight. To understand it. A wild will to learn—

He didn't know what he felt. It was like a sudden shift in the air. A sudden vibration in the ground.

It was so subtle, but he felt it. It was moving fast. It was moving towards him.

The crunching of grass under shifting weight.

He cursed himself for using his other senses, but this unnamed and unknown feeling churning in the depths of his stomach like an overflowing pot wasn't fading. It was growing more aware, more sensitive and compressed, and yet it felt like an extension of his being leaking out of him in waves shaping his surroundings.