Part 12

Both of them sat silently in the car. Manik remembers the flashback ....

Manik tells everything to Kabir.
Kabir :- You had already taken your revenge, then why are you torturing that girl? Poor Nandini.

Nandini :- This is my house in front.
Manik is lost in his thoughts.

Nandini tries to open the car window but the car is locked

The noise brings Manik out of his dream world. Manik holds Nandini's hand.

Nandini jerks Manik's hand away.

Nandini :- don't touch me. My house has come, now I will go myself, you go from here. Thanks for dropping me home।
Manik :- oh so miss Nandini Are you thinking of me as your driver who is giving you pick and drop? I had to come to see your mother, so I had to bring you with me. No need to fall prey to any misconceptions.

 No need to fall prey to any misconceptions

Nandini :- look please don't go in.
Manik goes in with a smile.

Nandini follows him.

Nandini :- maa , my boss wants to meet u.
Meena :- that Malhotra? But why? Surely you must have done something again? Ok call him tomorrow.
Nandini :- he's outside.
Meena :- what? Why didn't you tell me earlier?

Meena runs out.

Meena :- welcome Malhotra sir.
Manik :- please don't call me sir , my name is Manik so u can call me by my name.
Meena :- ok beta.
Meena :- Nandini go and bring juice for Manik from the fridge.
Manik :- no thank u. I want to tell u something important.
Meena :- is everything fine? Has Nandini done something wrong?
Manik :- no . First you tell how did Nandini's condition become like this? Nandini is my employee and as a boss it is my duty to ensure that all my employees are fit and fine so that there is no effect on work.
Meena :- I didn't do all this intentionally, I had to do all this because of the act of this girl.

Manik :- If you are talking about that day when Nandini could not return home from office at night, then I want to tell you that I had assigned extra work to Nandini. That's why Nandini was forced to stay in the office.
Nandini stares at him.

Nandini in her mind :- Is this the same Manik Malhotra? Or is he pretending to be nice?
Meena :- Did you stop Nandini for work that day? But still it is Nandini's fault, she didn't tell me anything.
Nandini :- You neither listened to me nor gave me a chance to speak.
Manik :- You should listen to your daughter and not to outsiders. You see how badly you have beaten Nandini. Could a mother ever do this I could never imagine.
Nandini :- My injury will be cured but the scars and pain on my soul will never go away.

Saying this, Nandini went inside with moist eyes.

Meena :- I should not done this। I will apologize to her.
Manik :- ok Now listen to the important thing that I want to tell you. Nandini can no longer work in Malhotra's industry, I am getting her out of my company, you don't say anything to her .
Meena :- please don't do this. We don't have any other way of earning, you see the condition of my house.
Manik :- I am sorry.
Meena :- But suddenly what happened that you are leaving her from the job, not even three months have passed. We cannot return your money, all the money has been spent.
Manik :- There is no need to pay that money, forget it.

Meena :- but don't accept her resignation letter. It's my humble request to u.
Manik :- I can't help u . Keep this money, dressing of Nandini's wound should be done on time.

He left।

......................................................................