GIA, GIA, GIA

"I wonder what goes through your mind when someone mentions my name to you."

******

TYLER'S POV

Gia, Gia, Gia.

Her name hummed through my veins, lingered under my skin, inflitrated my brain. The thought of her was a fucking addiction, one that nagged at me constantly. It was impossible to sit still In front of the cameras when she fogged my mind.

When I didn't have anything to distract me, my mind went straight to her. It felt like a punishment, like torture I couldn't escape.

Gia, Gia, Gia.

Her name was an annoying whisper to my brain, a desperate shout to my body, and a song to my heart. And every time I heard Gia, Gia, Gia I was bombarded with a dozen overlapping whispers chanting her name, a deafening voice that stirred my body awake, and a lovely song that liked to pull on the strings of my heart.

I was awakened from my thoughts by a shout, "On three, ready?"

3 beeps were heard before Vanessa began talking. "Welcome back to The Fame Closet!" She exclaimed enthusiastically. "Today, I'm sitting here with a new rising star, Tyler Cruz, a chef and restaurant owner." I smiled at the cameras and waved.

I have never been In front of so many cameras but somehow I don't feel nervous.

Gia, Gia, Gia- my brain murmurs.

Not now- I say in frustration. She finds the worst times to annoy me.

"Welcome, Mr. Cruz. How are you today?" Vanessa asks, turning to look at me. I lean back against couch, an arm draped over the backrest, trying to look as confident as I can.

"Hello, Vanessa. I'm good, what about you?"  A smile lingers on my face as I speak.

She uncrosses her legs and crossed them again, her left leg on top now. "I'm great, Mr. Cruz. We are here today to talk about your restaurant, isn't that right?"

I nod.

Her smile grows into a grin, "Well, change of plans. I just received news that you have a mysterious lover. Want to tell us about that?"

Once the words leave her mouth I know I'm fucked. I gulped.

Oh fuck.

Why did I have to be so stupid and just throw her name out there. She's supposed to be a mystery for a reason, you asshole. Now the whole world knows about her, and if the whole world knows about the magazine, Micheal probably does too. I fucked up.

Gia, Gia, Gia- my body screams.

Not now. I repeat.

"Gianna Angelise, right?" Vanessa asked. I have to take a long, deep breath. I don't feel as confident anymore. Now my leg is bouncing up and down, my finger tapping on the couch.

"Yeah," is the only thing I can say before my body decides to betray me again.

Gia, Gia, Gia- my heart hums. I can't ignore it now. I can't just tell it to go away. When her name reaches my heart, it's a melody I can't stop playing. I hum to the tune of her name, I tap to the beat of it, sing it's beautiful song. It's peaceful when it reaches my heart.

"Yeah, Gia," I sigh, looking at my lap. I play with the ring on my pointer finger.

"You apologized for something in the article. Would you want the public to know what led to this apology?" Vanessa asks, awaiting.