5 - Accept it or leave it

When the four boys had gotten to school.

Rumors had spread.

It wasn't exactly rumors because they were mates, but they were still as bittersweet as rumors.

Tobio was not a big fan of rumors, because he always wanted to punch someone and make them go to the nurse's office if they fuck with him. Shoyou hasn't really experienced rumors, so experiencing them now was very uncomfortable. Kei and Tadashi were good at solving things without violence, so despite the rumors and whispers, Kei and Tadashi were very calm(deep inside however..)

"Four mates? Seriously?" A guy whispered to his friends. "I can't believe that four mates are a thing! All boys too!" the girl squeaked. Tobio groaned. "If someone doesn't kill them I swear to god-" he mumbled, all so loudly only for himself.

"4 boys? Ain't that fantastic?"

That's it, the last straw. (No, we have plenty of straws see?)

"Hey Tsukishima," said one of Kei's classmates. "Uhh.... wow, you're mates I heard! 4 boys as mates haha" 

"Tch" said Tobio, "Don't be arrogant Kageyama!" Shoyou said. 

"Damn, man, living the time of your life?" the classmate asked Kei, who seemed to have a neutral expression despite all the whispers and shit. 

"Yeah, I feel unique all over again" Kei replied with a smile. Not the deary, sweet ones, totally not that. The manipulative ones. There was a sort of glint in his glasses, as his eyes squinted. 

"Unique?" he asked. "Oh yeah, there aren't many four-way soulmates, I thought we'd be pretty popular," Kei explained. "Huh, well..."

Tadashi smiled. Tsukki was someone to stand up for people when he wants to despite being the one to pick on someone. And when he does, no fists are needed, just words. However, for Tobio and Shoyou, this is their first time seeing Kei like this. 

"I don't see why it's a problem though, popularity is fun, but there are different ways to achieve it, besides, it's better to have three than one. It's more fun that way." Kei said, before closing his eyes cheekily, with that shit-eating grin of his. "Now, if you'll excuse me," he said, before walking off, his left hand in his pocket as he grabbed his backpack with his right.

Tadashi grinned at Kei's classmate, before running off after Kei. Yelling, "Tsukki! That was so cool!" Shoyou realized it was his time to move too, so he ran behind the two of his co-first years in front of them, saying, "I could never!

So Tobio was the one left behind, everyone looking at him. He swung his backpack over his other shoulder before walking off behind him, forcing a smile to not come over his face, as he picked up his pace to follow his mates, "It's not cool or anything" he said, which was heard very slightly by the people in the front of the school. 

Despite Shoyou and Tadashi complimenting Kei and Tobio saying it wasn't cool. Kei kept his mouth shut, this made the smiles on Shoyou and Tadashi's mouths gradually turn into worried frowns. Tobio also expected Kei to make a sarcastic comment at what he had said, but really Kei was silent. Well, that was new. 

"What is it Tsukki?" Tadashi asked. "Nothing" Kei said. "See, that is nothing like you, you'd never say 'nothing' unless something's wrong. Did the whispers upset you to something?" Tadashi asked, worried for his best friend. 

"He, they'd have to try harder than that to upset me" Kei replied. Right when they came past a fellow first year, and the one person to fill in the friend circle, Hitoka Yachi. 

"Ya-chan!" Shoyou said. "Hinata!"

The two friends hugged, Hitoka looked up at the others

"'Morning Yachi-san," Tadashi said. "Morning Yamaguchi-kun!"

"What's wrong Tsukishima-kun? You look down" Hitoka asked, worriedly. "It's nothing, don't worry about it" Kei said. Hitoka sighed, "The kids in the school have been pestering you huh?" 

"Kind of," Kei admitted. "Morning Kageyama-kun," Hitoka greeted. "Yes, hello Yachi-san" Tobio mumbled, "I'm gonna go keep my backpack in class and come to the court," Tobio said, already running off to the main building. 

"Ah, me too!" Shoyou said, running off behind Kageyama, "Wait up Bakageyama!" he yelled. "Heh?! Why should I?!" he asked, and the rest of their bickering faded out. 

"Want me to keep your backpack in class Tsukki?" Tadashi asked, holding his hand out. "Ah, no need, I'll keep it myself" 

"'Kay" Tadashi muttered and walked off. Of course, it's been awkward since they've become mates. Their friendship, but it had coincidentally got them closer too. 

So while they were of keeping their backpacks in class, Kei and Hitoka were left alone. Hitoka smiled. "Wanna talk about it?" she asked, giving a warm smile to the taller boy. "...Sure...I guess" he said, too out of character.

Hitoka smiled, pressing her skirt to her thighs as she sat down, back resting on a wall. She pats down a place for Kei to sit in. Kei sat down reluctantly, "Don't be so stiff Tsukishima-kun" she said.

Kei sighed, "Am I now?" Hitoka nodded, "Oh yeah, you are" Kei sighed again. "Is it just me, or are you sighing a lot lately?" Hitoka asked, "Not lately, just today" Kei muttered. "May I ask why?" 

Kei exhaled, "I say it's not a problem, and then it's literally the only thing going on in my mind" 

"Heh, for you to overthink, must be big huh?" Hitoka joked, to lighten the mood. "Yeah, it is."

"What have you been overthinking about? Don't take Kageyama-kun's title. That's stealing y'know," Kei chuckled, before going all serious again, "Well, everyone's been giving us a hard time, so I told them that I felt unique and that four-way mates weren't a problem. Long story short, it is. A big one."

Hitoka smiled, "I don't see why it's too bad. At least you still got Yamaguchi-Kun in it." she said. Well, if she puts it that way, then.....

"Yeah, I guess. Thanks, Yachi" Kei thanked. "Anyway, what about you? Made any moves on Umeko?" he asked, making Hitoka's cheeks go pink. "Heh, not at all! Not..at all.." 

"Don't hesitate, I think she'll like you. Come on, who won't like you?" Kei asked. "Wel, don't sweat it! It's not happening any time soon" she said, getting up and giving a hand to Kei. Kei decided to not pull himself by force or the poor girl was going to fall.

 "I don't think Hinata or Kageyama's gonna like that if you say that to them. If you don't do it, looks like they're gonna make you, by force" he said, possibly trying to scare the girl. "It'd be better to do it by force though. Knowing humans, you can't make situations much, so you have to bend situations to your liking instead."

"Can't make situations huh?" he mumbled. "Hm?" 

"Nothing, come on, let's go keep our bags in class and get to practice," he said, walking to the main building, slowly so Hitoka would catch up. 

"Okay!" she said, running behind her friend. 

One thing or another, they were still like siblings.