Volume 7 Chapter 3: Ace operatives

Începe de la început

Clover: This is our target.
_________________________________________

Pietro: Your new weapons and armor should be as requested, but I also took the liberty of reviewing your combat footage from the Vytal Festival Tournament.

The teams stand in front of a series of narrow shelves, each of which have cases on them. Nora shifts eagerly on her feet, letting out an excited giggle as she snatches up her case. Everyone else calmly picks up their cases.

Pietro: There's some additional enhancements I'd like to suggest. Oh, but for now, these should serve you well enough.

Ruby opens her case and smiles. Nora opens her case and looks amazed, pupils dilating and eyes shimmering from her excitement. Jaune opens his case, and his eyes widen as he exchanged a happy look with Pyrrha.
_________________________________________

The hologram screens above Ironwood's table have been replaced with a 3D hologram map displaying the SDC mine.

Clover: The mine was a labyrinth back in the day. There's all sorts of tunnels and chambers the Geist can move between, so if we're gonna kill this thing, we'll have to split up and corner it.

Jaune sits on a bed, looking at his open case before sadly looking down. Pyrrha appears next to him sitting down grabbing onto his hand, he caresses her hand with his thumb and sighs. As he hangs his head, a few locks of hair move in front of his eye, and he brushes them away with a frown.

Clover: General Ironwood says you've seen your fair share of combat.

Mercury puts on his upgraded and repaired prosthetic legs and stomps the ground, grinning confidently.

Blake runs her hand through her hair.

Clover: I trust that man with my life, so tomorrow, I'll be trusting you all, too.

Inside Ruby's case is a neatly folded outfit. She happily pulls out the new cloak that rests on top of the stack. As she does so, Oscar enters the dorm room.

Oscar: Hey... Ruby?
_________________________________________

Team RWBY's Manta soars through a cloud and opens its side door, with Team RWBY standing in the doorway wearing their new outfits.

Clover: Let's make it happen, people.

Team RWBY look at each other, smiling. Yang chuckles, and Ruby nods. The four leap from the Manta, with Ruby immediately using her Semblance and elemental power, laughing as she falls. She draws Crescent Rose, changes it to scythe form, stands on it and begins firing it, using the recoil to slow her fall. Weiss makes her way downward while leaping back and forth between glyphs, before launching herself toward the mine and summoning her Arma Gigas' arm and sword. She then uses a glyph to send herself onto the sword and slides down the blade.

Blake draws her newly-repaired katana, shifts it into sickle form and throws it, hooking it onto one of the metal structures outside the mine entrance. along with reaching out as the shadows extend grappling onto another structure as she then uses it to swing from building to building. Yang freefalls, laughing as she does so, before firing at the ground and flipping to land on her feet. She slides across the snow between two minecart tracks and is joined by Ruby, Weiss and Blake when she comes to a stop.